Dr. Yeimy Alvarez, 2980 Grafts

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share my experience with Dr. Yeimy Alvarez in Barranquilla, Columbia. Attached are my pre op, post op day 0, day 1, day 2, and day 8 photos. Overall, I have been very impressed with everything Dr. Alvarez and her team has done. To start, customer service has been phenomenal from reaching out to them regarding their consultation, their responsiveness, and ability to answer all my questions within a timely manner. I opted to go with Dr. Alvarez because of the reviews I saw online and on her social media. Her cost(~$5000/flat rate), scheduling availability, and the fact she only does 1 surgery a day(does all the incisions - technicians help with the graft implantation), made me comfortable to choose her. After booking an appointment and depositing a $500 scheduling reservation, I was ready for the surgery.

The day prior to surgery, I got labwork done for HIV/COVID and has a preop meeting with Dr. Alvarez herself. We went over the type of hairline I was looking into, the grafts needed, medications preop/postop, and everything in between. The day of the surgery we finally drew out the new hairline and talked about the shape, density, and how I opted for a more natural hairline like the one i had in the past(showed her many pictures when I was younger of my previous hairline). Afterwards, we started the anesthesia and I was asleep for the majority of the surgery(9AM-4:30pm). I started to awaken during the last 2 hours and felt little to no pain as they were completing their implantation. Afterwards, I was treated to a nice dinner and chauffeured back to my hotel with instructions on how to take care of my scalp.

The next 2 days I stayed in Barranquilla to ensure proper post-op care was applied and has daily washings, LLLP(laser therapy), and on the last day had a exit meeting with Dr. Alvarez regarding the surgery, and any questions I had before I left. This has been one the best experiences so far I cannot be happier.

Aside from the surgery itself which was phenomenal, the customer service from her team was also top notch. She has 1-2 technicians who speak English fairly well and can communicate with me without any issues. Furthermore, they has a private chauffer to picked me up to the airport and drove me to/from the clinic, hotel, and other areas of the city for sightseeing and food. I am only post op day 8, but, from where I am currently at I am impressed at her work and her team.

Additionally, if anyone is looking at the postop day 1 pictures, could you please comment on what your thoughts are on the density.

Thank you all.

Back 1.png

Front 1.png

Side 1.png

Side 2.png

Top 1.png

Post op Day 8.jpg

Edited by TheHappySnowball

• Valued Contributor

Good to see a review of dr Alvarez ...and i hope you keep on posting throughout your journey ....first of all i would say you have got excellent donor....the implantation looking enough dense plus your hair seems to be thick so you will get a good density ..Happy growing and keep updating 

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Posted (edited)

My apologies for the late response to everyone on this page. Here is my progression about 11 months out from surgery. It has been a fantastic experience and I have a full set of hair. I am super happy with the results 

image.png.5a295251e45d8e18f1c84d54b767e992.pngimage.png.63425301537bba0f82a01929fe3248b5.pngimage.png.171498eb413712a44831304731afb25f.pngimage.thumb.png.66e93c8d5660a953d267470e023de663.pngimage.png.81804055b022348fc99b034871dcecf9.png

image.thumb.png.00cfb3df5c394413311b3f1f353bfaf6.png

image.png

Edited by TheHappySnowball

Thanks for sharing your results and I'm happy you are content with the outcome.

However, as for me, the hairline doesn't look natural and it is obvious you had a hair surgery. Regarding donor area, how short is your hair in those pictures? I'm asking that because white dots are quite visible. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, baddecisions said:

However, as for me, the hairline doesn't look natural and it is obvious you had a hair surgery.

I agree. There is great growth, but it’s too much of a straight line. It needs some irregularities. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

I agree. There is great growth, but it’s too much of a straight line. It needs some irregularities. 

Excellent density though. And it would only take a small touchup of 150 grafts to give a few more irregularities, and he'll be absolutely golden! For a one-pass over this sized area, I think this is a great result - also taking price into consideration.

• Like 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023