Ferreira vs. Pekiner

Hey guys,

narrowing down I came across two potential options concerning surgery. Both surgeons seem to be quite meticulous, doing every step of surgery on their own with procedures that sometimes take several days. Waiting time is about one year each. Prices are 4€/graft (Ferreira) vs. 2,85€ (Pekiner).

My personal goals (29yo, NW3, Finasteride since several years which eventually stabilized my hair loss) are mainly hairline restoration, correcting the receding hairline and maybe also focusing on temple points. I have a naturally big forehead which I‘d like to reduce visually, so I think that besides a proper hairline lowering temple points could definitely frame shape and appearance of a face in a significant way and help to ‘tighten‘ facial appearance a bit, making the forehead thus look not that big anymore.

Both of the above mentioned surgeons are a bit on the rather aggressive side I’d say. I like Pekiners hairline results which is most important to me, there are many patient reviews online, nonetheless he seems to absolutely focus on hairlines as I did not really see any temple point work. Do you know whether he’s skilled in this field too though and have you seen some nice temple point results? Ferreira does have fewer results and patient reports online, tends to stay a bit higher with hairlines sometimes, not as conservative as Pinto for instance, but he‘s doing temple work in most of his cases actually. He unfortunately increased his prices noticeably within a short period of time.

Which one out of those two would you personally prefer and why? Which surgeon would you recommend in general for temple point work?

Thank you

Edited by chocolate cake

Interesting one my case is very much the same, want to sort receding and also bring hairline down because of big forehead, pekiner and couto are the two I'm deciding between. Not really heard that much of ferreira so may look into him myself

30 minutes ago, FutureHT1208 said:

Wouldn’t call the top doctors like pekiner/Keser/bicer a waste of money all proven track records 

If you can afford European doctors, why would you go to the best in Turkey is my point. European clinics seem to operate on another level from looking at the results. 

If he can afford 4 euros/graft then that should be the first choice. I wish I had gone to Couto or someone in Europe too. 

@Turkhair Why do you wish that? What is your own experience?

People usually are ready to pay for felt security. Often for good reasons. I think that you tend to get what you pay for. Sometimes it could be a bit disproportionate though.

Wages and living costs in Turkey are way lower compared to Western Europe or United States. This difference can result in higher pricing while it does not necessarily mean that there is always a noticeable difference in quality as well. Never in life would I set foot in a tipical hair mill clinic. But the price Pekiner affords is quite high compared to other Turkish surgeons and he’s not a classic hair mill.

Edited by chocolate cake

On 6/14/2023 at 12:03 AM, Turkhair said:

If you can afford European doctors, why would you go to the best in Turkey is my point. European clinics seem to operate on another level from looking at the results. 

If he can afford 4 euros/graft then that should be the first choice. I wish I had gone to Couto or someone in Europe too. 

I agree Couto is another level, but potentially a bit too pricey. I'd say Pekiner is the best most affordable option

Sure. Once a certain fame and demand is reached it often starts to become disproportionate compared to other surgeons. This is a general tendency and no judgment on Couto who has stellar results, mostly with Spanish or Mediterranean patients who tend to have thick dark hair though. But it’s out of question that he has some stunning results.

It‘s hard to estimate whether it‘s really worth it to pay the 2-3 extra € on top given the fact that we are speaking of other doctors with proven track record as an alternative of course.

@Turkhair Why do you regret your choice and what is your experience?

Edited by chocolate cake

Both are very good with extensive examples across various forums / message boards. Cross platform examples are important as it eliminates bias one forum may have through paid or unpaid relationships with surgeons.  (This isn’t a dig any anyone btw, just an observation)

I can’t stress enough though no result is guaranteed. Choosing a good surgeon significantly increases the chances of success but there are outside factors beyond a surgeons control that can impact on the final result. Speak to the clinics and get a feel. Take cost out as a factor to start with and weigh up the pro’s and cons. 

Consider as others have said your hair type, characteristics and experience the surgeons have working with similar cases. If you have any small scalp issues  get them ironed out before surgery. Go for blood work pre surgery to make sure you aren’t lacking in anything too. Give yourself the best possible chance of success.

I know this doesn’t answer which of the two you listed is best but only you can answer that. After factoring in all the above go with your gut.

Good Luck 

Edited by ScottishGuy21
  • Like 2

• Valued Contributor

I would say both of them are excellent and you will not go wrong with either of them...its more about personal preference....both are equally skilled...couto is also good option but i would agree to one of the earlier poster who mentioned that he has some advantage over others geting to work on people with excellent hair thickness ....

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023