Donor question

So I went yesterday to doctor Panine hair surgeon in Chicago. I want to bring down back to my normal hairline or close to it. 

I don’t know all the hair terminology but they said I am 46 cm from temporal point to temporal point and have 15,000 grafts available for a lifetime and have medium hair characteristics. 

is this good? What other measurements are needed to determine a good hair transplant result? Thanks! 

Are you absolutely sure you want to get a hair transplant? Mid 30s on meds and what to me looks like a really, really good hair of hair. I saw the earlier pics of the hairline and in you’re shoes I wouldn’t even risk it, it’s not going to match that natural density you currently have, it’s not guaranteed to look as natural as you might like. You’re hair and you’re decision obviously, just would give it some really serious thought.

Edited by BRITA-XL

I appreciate the honesty and input and I know what you’re saying. I’m just tired of covering up my hairline and I have more thinning then one thinks in the front and would like to bring down my hairline to frame my face. Here are some pictures that show the thinning and where I want hairline to be. 

A2DAB03F-842D-4DFB-9DCB-CF021053031C.png

219E8DF6-6A67-4883-9A00-F043EE3895BD.png

A6F0D6E2-4AF5-4A99-8590-23BEDFEE7F59.png

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Im not a doctor but I would definitely consider taking Finasteride and if you can tolerate it then go ahead. In years ahead you may be chasing this small procedure otherwise. I would imagine 1,800 - 2,000 grafts should suffice to lower your hairline and I like the conservative design. Don’t rush into it and all the best. 

Hopefully I don’t have too much more loss. I’m 35 and started finasteride at 24 so I’ve had fairly slow loss. I’m now on Dutasteride and oral minoxidil so hopefully after the procedure I can hold off and other major loss. Do you guys know if those donor numbers I stated earlier are good? I’m not an expert. Any other donor questions I need to ask? 

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Recession1 said:

Hopefully I don’t have too much more loss. I’m 35 and started finasteride at 24 so I’ve had fairly slow loss. I’m now on Dutasteride and oral minoxidil so hopefully after the procedure I can hold off and other major loss. Do you guys know if those donor numbers I stated earlier are good? I’m not an expert. Any other donor questions I need to ask? 

The donor numbers you stated earlier are good enough to make a nw7 patient to a nw1...and imo you don't need a surgery bt if you are too much conscious about your hairline than around 2k grafts would be fine and its good that you are on medication which will help stabilise your hairloss ...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023