People who take Fin+Minoxidil - What are your "secondary" weapons?

OfirSy

As most of you probably know, the most effective treatment against hair loss is Finasteride + Minoxidil. I was wondering if some of you are using some other boosts to support the traditional treatment. 

A little background about myself and why i'm opening this post

I'm 33 years old, 3 years into topical treatment of 1% Fin and 5% Minoxidil. I started of with Norwood 3 (including the vertex) and  It worked pretty well during the first and a half year, but I think that my hair is  getting thinner again. I'm also using Derma roller about 3 days a week before I place the topical treatment. 

So, before jumping into higher levels of Fin (from 1% to 2%) and Minoxidil (from 5% to 7%) - I want to give a try to some secondary boosts. 
I've been trying to use a Caffeine shampoo once a week for the last couple of months but it doesn't seem to help. I'm also taking Biotin pills on a daily basis. 
Recently i've also added Castor Oil to my topical treatment. About once or twice a week, mixed with olive oil. I leave it on the scalp for 2-3 hours and then I wash it off. It's too early to say if it does anything.

I've also took 3 PRP treatments during the last 3 years (one a year) but I didn't saw any noticeable results. 

Other than that - I should also mention that i'm fairly healthy. I'm not smoking, I try to exercise about twice a week or so and i'm eating fairly healthy meals. 

If anyone has any experience with secondary boosts, please feel free to share it! 

Edited by OfirSy

• Valued Contributor

I don't think 7% minox will be better than 5% minox ....still you may consult a good doctor for that...secondary medication don't help that much ..they have their limitations ..they may improve texture and may able to make your scalp and hairs healthy....you can add ketoconazol shampoo to your regime...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023