Shortness of breath with oral minoxidil. Will it go away as I continue to take it?

ajsr8

I get a shortness of breath with low dose oral minoxidil. Feels like I need to take deeper breaths and this is more apparent when working and doing more physical activity. Is this something that other people experience? Will it likely go away as I continue to use it and my body adjusts?

definitely check with a doctor if you plan to keep taking it. I used oral min for 2 months, at start i got slight swelling in arm and it went away. I checked with doctor and did my annual full body test which i had knowingly planned after a week of oral minox for such situation.

everything came out fine and swelling went away in few days so i continued for last 2 months.there was one or two instance of slight tightness in chest in 2 months but i also used to do lot of workout so thought maybe that caused it.

I got tightness in chest last week when i took the med and i had to go out and there was slight physical activity done when i had to hurry to catch my movie.  Maybe the physical activity caused it or maybe doing physical activity following the med wasnt best idea. I have stopped it and since then nothing. I have hopped on topical min again for time being ,  I will try to see if i can find out if oral min caused it though little later. For now little scared 😄 .  I had taken topical for nearly 6 years without any such issues.

Edited by duckling
  • Like 1

if you are positive its not a placebo affect and you genuinely do have shortness of breath, stop taking it immediately. You may be allergic. Regardless of the scientific cause, sounds like oral minodidil does not mesh well with you

consult a doctor before continuing it