Shock loss/ miniaturizing after 10 months of HT

If you had a lot of native hair which were in the process of miniaturization, the transplant may have expedited the process. I would say 8 months is too late to have shock loss. Usually by this time shock loss should have actually recovered.

• Valued Contributor

I don't think shock loss can happen after such a long time but you need to contact your surgeon and visit him/her and get your scalp checked...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Hi All,

Firstly thank you so much for helping me out. The important thing that was missed to address along with my pictures. I was under a lot of stress from 6th month untill the 9th month post my HT. I've started taking finasteride 1mg everyday as advised by my doctor. To get a better understanding is this pattern called as telogen effluvuium and is there any possibility that I can get my hair back after 6-10 months. I've had a lot of hair shedding in those months of stress and now my hair looks pretty weak. Just wanted some valuable inputs.

@Abhijeet sawant,

It is very unlikely that you would experience shock loss or any loss of the transplanted hair at 8 to 10 months postop. What’s likely happening, is that your genetic hair loss is continuing which is typical since hair transplant surgery does nothing to stop progression of male pattern baldness.  Hair loss medication such as finasteride and minoxidil can help to slow it down or even stop it in the tracks but there’s no guarantee that this will work or that these will work forever. So I don’t know if you’re currently using medication but if you’re not, I suggest speaking to a physician about it, especially finasteride. 

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

@Rahal Hair Transplant

The thread created by me was wrong. I'm new to the hair restoration community. To be precise I've started loosing hairs from my 6th Mon post HT untill my 9th month as mentioned above. I was under a lot of stress, due to which my hairs started thinning out. I'm able to control the hair fall further by taking 1mg finasteride as prescribed by the doctor. 

Lastly the thread should have been can telogen effluvium occur due to immense stress.

Can you share some insight if my understanding is right or not