Lights on hair loss (6th month post operation)

Hi guys I wanted to know if I should worry or not due to the fact that I am noticing hair loss in the 6th month after the transplant. Every time I pass my hand during the shower I count between 3-5, surely coming from the transplanted area.

2 minutes ago, Drew-83 said:

Hi guys I wanted to know if I should worry or not due to the fact that I am noticing hair loss in the 6th month after the transplant. Every time I pass my hand during the shower I count between 3-5, surely coming from the transplanted area.

Totally normal to shed between 50-100 hairs per day.

18 minutes ago, Drew-83 said:

well it might be your existing hair. you are bound to shed them due to hair growth cycle. Doesnt matter what meds you take hair will shed so new healthier hair comes back.

100 hair (+/-50) shed is completely normal per day. 

But if you are absolutely sure that its transplanted hair then its little worrying .. you can probably document hair growth with pics at different months and compare them and you will know that which areas you are losing/gaining hair. send them over to your surgeon and check with him.

9 minutes ago, duckling said:

well it might be your existing hair. you are bound to shed them due to hair growth cycle. Doesnt matter what meds you take hair will shed so new healthier hair comes back.

100 hair (+/-50) shed is completely normal per day. 

But if you are absolutely sure that its transplanted hair then its little worrying .. you can probably document hair growth with pics at different months and compare them and you will know that which areas you are losing/gaining hair. send them over to your surgeon and check with him.

I'm not 100% sure they are transplanted, but I had so few natives that it seemed strange to me that they were

Whether they are native or not, there is nothing that sounds abnormal to me.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Nothing sounds abnormal to me.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2023 at 8:55 AM, gillenator said:

Nothing sounds abnormal to me.

what is the average hair loss per day? it will be my impression but with the summer they are falling much more and above all I seem more thinned out ...