FUEGENIX - 2400 Grafts by Dr. Munib Ahmad - November 2022 - FUE (36 y/o)

Hi all,

After many, many, many years of being unhappy with my hair, I decided to do serious research into a hair transplant. I have looked at 100s, if not 1000s of people's experiences. I was always considering going to Turkey. 

I used to always have to think carefully about where I would sit, can't be under a light! I hated walking in the wind.
Looking in the mirror all throughout the day, making sure the thin hairs are in their exact place to look semi okay-ish.
I would not swim, as, when my hair gets wet, it looked awful! I wore a hat at every occasion possible! 
I'm sure many can relate to the above. 

After seeing a few reviews of FueGenix on this site, I decided to make an appointment to meet Dr Ahmad and see what my options were. 

From our first meeting he was very nice and also very honest (he's Dutch, so very direct 😃). Clinics in Turkey promise the world but I've seen many not so great outcomes. With FueGenix, the results and people's experiences were consistently incredible. With this in mind and considering the procedure is done by the Dr himself (unlike many other clinics) I decided to pull the trigger. 

I took 10 days off work but I was very worried about the redness and looking bad when facing colleagues afterwards. 

We started in the morning at 7am sharp. 

Firstly he carefully mapped out the intended transplant area, based on his expertise, to provide an age appropriate and realistic hairline. Thereafter the anaesthetic was administered, which was a bit sore, but thereafter I could not feel a thing. 

The procedure took about 7 hours in total. Once the anaesthetic took effect, he extracted the hairs from the donor area in the back, then he the made the incisions in the transplant area. After a short break to have a sandwich and to stretch (toilet) break, he started to plant the hairs. 

Looking in the mirror I was surprised and impressed with how extremely clean his work was! The doner area had no blood, only the very tiny holes where hairs where extracted. 

The first night sleeping was obviously not great, which I expected. I could not really fall asleep as I was worried I might damage the grafts and I was sitting pretty much upright in a chair. 

I took the painkillers the the day after the procedure and then not again thereafter. Maybe it's just me but I had no pain. The skin was a tight and sensitive but no actual pain. 

Surprisingly I had no redness at all! After returning to work after 10 days, I'm sure people did not notice much, other than a new shaved haircut. My direct colleagues, who I had told about the procedure, also said it just looks like I shaved my hair. So already I felt much better. 

I am now writing my review as I am on holiday, 6 months after my procedure! I am truly amazed with the results so far! 
No need to wear a hat, only when my wife reminds me to do so for some sun protection 🙂 I can swim without any worrying! I can sit at any table not having to think and calculate how the light might let my hair look! I now walk in the wind (my arch enemy previously), carefree. 

The results I have achieved in only 6 short months have truly amazed me and I'm so glad that after so much consideration and back and forth, I finally did it. I'm also so glad that I went with FueGenix, as I am now another one of his many success stories. 

In the days, weeks and months after the procedure, I experienced amazing aftercare and communication from the Dr. Ahmad. He was always willing to answer questions, address any potential concerns I had and provide advice.

This was my before :(

image.thumb.png.c59ea9360eba8d2dc06a3ad26077cfd5.png

The plan:

image.jpeg.60cb2da4b1a40fd80465a493b649e453.jpeg image.jpeg.dbd294c06db18d6eb3cd03dab1dab7a7.jpeg

Right after the surgery :)

image.jpeg.8cd35e8841095c2c3620509b34e9dbf1.jpeg

Next day:

image.thumb.jpeg.a7314f0806e5b1c5f0dcbaa33261453d.jpeg

6 months later - Very wet hair under a bright light :)

image.thumb.jpeg.929bd18496a8920337811fd3379b65b7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4e85d344047143b9d46603075794cc8c.jpeg

Edited by I.did.it

at just 6 months this already seems to be headed for a great result. Hope the gains keep coming for some more months if not until the 1 year mark.

btw good on you to go conservative route. Have seen cases where 3k grafts done for nw3. So must have been tempting to get a more younger hairline but this does look age appropriate and will age well.

• Like 1

• Administrators

At just 6 months this looks amazing 🤩 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...