How many grafts sound reasonable in my case?

Hey everybody, just got my meds today so I'm officially on Day 1 of adding Finasteride to my routine. I'll post updates through 3 month intervals (if I remember :P) so I can get some feedback as it comes along. If all goes well, maybe it'll convince some other people in a similar situation to give the meds a try first before considering surgery. Thanks again everyone for the informed opinions.

Love the sense of community on this forum! 

12 minutes ago, DaMoce9 said:

Hey everybody, just got my meds today so I'm officially on Day 1 of adding Finasteride to my routine. I'll post updates through 3 month intervals (if I remember :P) so I can get some feedback as it comes along. If all goes well, maybe it'll convince some other people in a similar situation to give the meds a try first before considering surgery. Thanks again everyone for the informed opinions.

Love the sense of community on this forum! 

good luck. keep fingers crossed and hope that you are a great responder. but have patience for the 1 year result and keep realistic expectations.

Edited by duckling
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody, just figured I'd share an update/thoughts. 

I got a couple more quotes from respected clinics just out of curiosity - have used Fin the past month, zero side effects - and one clinic said they would only do a small procedure > 500-700 grafts, if at all and another quoted me at 2,200 grafts. 

It's crazy how wide the gap can be. Just goes to show, always get multiple opinions, then decide what you feel most comfortable with. I think that in a year from now, if  I went the route of surgery, I'd definitely go with a more conservative procedure. 

Anyway, sticking to the meds routine for the next year before re-considering, just thought I'd share. 

Edited by DaMoce9
added context