Previous FUT, now looking for FUE in the UK

Spark

Hi everyone

I went through this 10 years ago and find myself back here again but looking for FUE instead of FUT. My FUT was done in New York and I had no issues whatsoever and it has lasted well. Sadly I'm back to where I started in as much as I need the op but I would prefer to go FUE and stay here in the UK. 

The 2 recommended consultants are Dr Farjo and Dr Arshad.

Does anyone have any experience, recommendations, stories to tell that can help me decide which one to choose. Or should I look further afield and not limit myself to just UK consultants?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

14 minutes ago, Spark said:

Hi everyone

I went through this 10 years ago and find myself back here again but looking for FUE instead of FUT. My FUT was done in New York and I had no issues whatsoever and it has lasted well. Sadly I'm back to where I started in as much as I need the op but I would prefer to go FUE and stay here in the UK. 

Does anyone have any experience, recommendations, stories to tell that can help me decide which one to choose. Or should I look further afield and not limit myself to just UK consultants?

As someone who has reesearched throughout the years and was almost booking a transplant here in the UK I would say to try and find better places. 

I think those two names are valid ones howeaver they do fall short when compared to the likes of Bruno Pinto, Bruno Ferreira, De Freitas or Couto just to give you a few examples. 

Make sure that the person who is operating you is a reputable surgeon. But before even commiting to surgery it would be vital to know if you are already on medication.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spark said:

Hi everyone

Mind posting pics of pre-op, post op after a year or so, and where you are now? 

3 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

As someone who has reesearched throughout the years and was almost booking a transplant here in the UK I would say to try and find better places. 

I think those two names are valid ones howeaver they do fall short when compared to the likes of Bruno Pinto, Bruno Ferreira, De Freitas or Couto just to give you a few examples. 

Make sure that the person who is operating you is a reputable surgeon. But before even commiting to surgery it would be vital to know if you are already on medication.

+ 1 👏🏻

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

There is dr manish mittal ..you can check him out..he is doing good work....and why restricting yourself to just UK...its better you don't narrow down your research based on location 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

3 hours ago, duckling said:

other places in europe have better doctors. use the forum recommended list. travel shouldn't be tough and neither will be money as you can afford uk doctors.

That's exactly what I did and came up with the names I mentioned. Travel won't be tough, money, well I don't understand what you are basing affording UK doctors on so a little puzzled at that comment.

20 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

This is helpful thank you. I've never gotten into hair medication as I was put off by the potential side effects but that doesn't mean to say I wouldn't give them a go now if the rewards are great. I'll review the Portuguese doctors you mention, thank you.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BRITA-XL said:

Dr Reddy is another name that can be considered here In the Uk. Personally I feel some of the Euro options (like those given above) are on another level. 

Thank you, looks like a holiday is called for, the wife will be happier 😀

11 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

There is dr manish mittal ..you can check him out..he is doing good work....and why restricting yourself to just UK...its better you don't narrow down your research based on location 

I'm not restricting myself to just UK. I'm tip toeing toward Portugal now but need to read up on the 2 Bruno's

3 minutes ago, Spark said:

This is helpful thank you. I've never gotten into hair medication as I was put off by the potential side effects but that doesn't mean to say I wouldn't give them a go now if the rewards are great. I'll review the Portuguese doctors you mention, thank you.

Bear in mind if you're not on medication it likely means you're not stable enough. Which in turn it will mean that you will require multiple proccedures over the course of time. 

And remember, transplanted hair is unlikely to be as good as your original native hair. This is why its so important to be on medication before it starts getting worse, trust me I learned it the hard way. 

Maybe you will respond well enough to not even need surgery while all you will have to do in the meantime is to take the medication indefinately. That's it, a pill a day or on worst case scenario a pill and a foam applied to your scalp at least once a day and you will have your hair loss under control.

• Valued Contributor
24 minutes ago, Spark said:

I'm not restricting myself to just UK. I'm tip toeing toward Portugal now but need to read up on the 2 Bruno's

Both the brunos are excellent ..you won't go wrong with any of them.....check out cases from both of them and see whose work you like the most and search for patients who kinda have similar hairloss as yours....best of luck and keep updating 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

46 minutes ago, Spark said:

That's exactly what I did and came up with the names I mentioned. Travel won't be tough, money, well I don't understand what you are basing affording UK doctors on so a little puzzled at that comment.

the names you have came up with are not that good when compared to other surgeons in europe. the cost you will pay for them is higher than some of the best surgeons in europe for fue . farjo i think charges 6-7 euros per graft ? you can get the surgeons mentioned above " Bruno Pinto, Bruno Ferreira, De Freitas or Couto" along with many more surgeons like mwamba, feriduni. also in turkey you get pekiner.

sorry for the confusion earlier, i just wanted to say that if you are able to pay good money with uk based surgeons and have no issues with travel , you should pick the very best in other countries in europe itself. 

Edited by duckling

1 hour ago, Spark said:

This shows pre-op (Kind of), but not post op after a year or two, and not where you currently are today. You need to post a range of pictures for anyone to even begin giving you Dr rec's because a lot of it is context dependent 

34 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

This shows pre-op (Kind of), but not post op after a year or two, and not where you currently are today. You need to post a range of pictures for anyone to even begin giving you Dr rec's because a lot of it is context dependent 

I don't understand why non consultants would be able to better recommend a doctor based on a photograph. I'm asking for advice, I'm not asking for someone on here to carry out the procedure. I don't want to appear argumentative either 😀 But I do not see any validity in your request.

As for my journey, again I don't know why you would say the things you have said. You are a senior member and I would expect better. I'm going to have FUE. I have requested some feedback on good surgeons. I certainly haven't asked to be interrogated or told that I'm not supplying enough information for you to recommend someone. You either know someone or you don't. It's like someone asking if they know a good IVF clinic and I say I can't recommend anyone until you show me your fiddly bits and then the inside of your wife's fiddly bits. What difference does it make?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, duckling said:

the names you have came up with are not that good when compared to other surgeons in europe. the cost you will pay for them is higher than some of the best surgeons in europe for fue . farjo i think charges 6-7 euros per graft ? you can get the surgeons mentioned above " Bruno Pinto, Bruno Ferreira, De Freitas or Couto" along with many more surgeons like mwamba, feriduni. also in turkey you get pekiner.

sorry for the confusion earlier, i just wanted to say that if you are able to pay good money with uk based surgeons and have no issues with travel , you should pick the very best in other countries in europe itself. 

Brilliant information Duckling thank you, I understand now 😀 I've sent requests to both the Portuguese Bruno's so will wait for that. 

Could you offer any advice on the Turkey surgeon as there is a lot of poor feedback (social media) from everything (cosmetic surgery of all types)Turkey and I guess that stigma has always made me avoid Turkey.

2 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Bear in mind if you're not on medication it likely means you're not stable enough. Which in turn it will mean that you will require multiple proccedures over the course of time. 

And remember, transplanted hair is unlikely to be as good as your original native hair. This is why its so important to be on medication before it starts getting worse, trust me I learned it the hard way. 

Maybe you will respond well enough to not even need surgery while all you will have to do in the meantime is to take the medication indefinately. That's it, a pill a day or on worst case scenario a pill and a foam applied to your scalp at least once a day and you will have your hair loss under control.

The FUT has lasted a good 10 years and it's only been the last 12 months where I have seen a thinning on top. I'd love to just take a pill but I guess that won't help it grow back or will it? Would I need to consult with someone for medication?

9 minutes ago, Spark said:

Brilliant information Duckling thank you, I understand now 😀 I've sent requests to both the Portuguese Bruno's so will wait for that. 

Could you offer any advice on the Turkey surgeon as there is a lot of poor feedback (social media) from everything (cosmetic surgery of all types)Turkey and I guess that stigma has always made me avoid Turkey.

poor feedback on turkey is for their hairmills (smile, vera ). which do lot of procedures per day with all the work done by techs. if you get a good tech team then you hit the jackpot and get away with good results on low price. In worst case some of the techs working on you might not even be from the clinic ( they would have hired techs from other place just to fill in for that day due to lot of surgeries planned on same day) 

in turkey you get surgeons like turan, gur , yaman, keser etc who do work in 1-1.5 euros per graft. they do 2 surgeries per day. They give good results as they are all single surgeon clinics mostly. and main work like hairline, extraction, incisions are done by surgeons themselves ( in their higher packages which is max 1.5 euros ) and only implantation is done by techs.

then comes hlc, hdc, bicer who take 2.2-2.7 euros per graft and they are more renowned for their work quality.

then comes pekiner who will take 2.85 euros for new bookings from march next year. as he is already booked for 1 year. only cancellations(other people's cancelled date) you can get for lower price which is currently 2.7 euros per graft but maybe they will give more discount. he is my pick for turkey because of his work style (only thing i hate is he is tough to reach as he is flooded with new patients and he is picky about patients : diffuse thinners, nw6,7, people not on meds are refused by him mostly). he does like 1k grafts a day and does only one patient per day. so slowly across multiple days he will finish one patient. 

note: erdogan used to be popular earlier but then he scaled up so much that techs do so much work and he only does cases of higher tier packages and even then they get botched lately as his work has gone down.

think i covered popular ones of turkey.

24 minutes ago, Spark said:

The FUT has lasted a good 10 years and it's only been the last 12 months where I have seen a thinning on top. I'd love to just take a pill but I guess that won't help it grow back or will it? Would I need to consult with someone for medication?

without being on meds you are risking getting rejected by many surgeons. because with ht they will put hair but you will lose your existing miniaturized hairs to shock loss and once lost it might be permanent. if you go on meds now there is a chance you get back those miniaturized hairs back. And you also risk losing other non dht resistant hairs which have currently not thinned. imagine having transplanted hair but losing native hair all around them. it wont look good.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, duckling said:

poor feedback on turkey is for their hairmills (smile, vera ). which do lot of procedures per day with all the work done by techs. if you get a good tech team then you hit the jackpot and get away with good results on low price. In worst case some of the techs working on you might not even be from the clinic ( they would have hired techs from other place just to fill in for that day due to lot of surgeries planned on same day) 

in turkey you get surgeons like turan, gur , yaman, keser etc who do work in 1-1.5 euros per graft. they do 2 surgeries per day. They give good results as they are all single surgeon clinics mostly. and main work like hairline, extraction, incisions are done by surgeons themselves ( in their higher packages which is max 1.5 euros ) and only implantation is done by techs.

then comes hlc, hdc, bicer who take 2.2-2.7 euros per graft and they are more renowned for their work quality.

then comes pekiner who will take 2.85 euros for new bookings from march next year. as he is already booked for 1 year. only cancellations(other people's cancelled date) you can get for lower price which is currently 2.7 euros per graft but maybe they will give more discount. he is my pick for turkey because of his work style (only thing i hate is he is tough to reach as he is flooded with new patients and he is picky about patients : diffuse thinners, nw6,7, people not on meds are refused by him mostly). he does like 1k grafts a day and does only one patient per day. so slowly across multiple days he will finish one patient. 

note: erdogan used to be popular earlier but then he scaled up so much that techs do so much work and he only does cases of higher tier packages and even then they get botched lately as his work has gone down.

think i covered popular ones of turkey.

Absolutely first class information Duckling, thank you. My mind has been well and truly changed now regarding Turkey and despite not knowing, I understand (hope that makes sense). I know this sounds daft but how do I get on meds? 

I've heard back from the 2 Bruno's in Portugal and 1 isn't doing online consultations because they are so busy and the other is just too busy so they will get back to me.  Wow. I wasn't expecting to get it done tomorrow but it clearly seems that either a lot more people are getting procedures done or they are very good and everyone wants to use them.