Doctor choices

Out of these options which doctor/clinic would be the safest choice for a hairline reconstruction (my estimated grafts needed have been around 1700-2200)

- HLC

- Dr Yaman

- Dr Laorwong

- Dr Turan

These pics are recent, I have also been on Finasteride and Minoxidil for about 9 months so I have had a lot of hair growth back but my hairline isn’t growing, just baby hairs. I also will be continuing the meds after the transplant, but I only want to use these meds if I’m actually gnna be seeing hair growth back on the hairline which I haven’t so that’s why I have decided on a transplant. 

IMG_3742.jpeg

IMG_3813.jpeg

in my opinion :  HLC > Laorwong > Turan > yaman 

With HLC you don't get to pick the surgeon is the demerit but they are quite good . Laorwong and turan sometimes give too much perfect looking hairlines. but they are better than yaman when it comes to the quality of work.

I feel your pain. I also got baby hairs on hairline but don't know why they just don't grow thicker and longer. When hair length for other hair is more, they are mostly useless.

Hope by time you go for transplant they grow for you. Keep using meds and keep hope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

While I don't know much about these doctors I sympathize with the feeling.

I have been in Finasteride for 3 years and Minoxidil for 2 and I also have baby hairs at the hairline which don't seem to grow thicker. It sucks but since you just require a hairline reconstruction I think the transplant should put those worries to end. 

• Thanks 1

Out of those four choices, I would feel the safest in Laorwongs hands

I really like the work of HLC, I’ve seen some truly remarkable results from them and their highest quality work is comparable to the best. But I can’t in good conscience recommend them. Part of selecting a clinic is how they approach cases that end up poorly, do they offer refunds? Do they standby their work? What do they do when the unexpected happens. And for that after reading a significant case on here I can’t recommend them.

• Like 2

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

7 hours ago, mister_25 said:

Out of those four choices, I would feel the safest in Laorwongs hands

I really like the work of HLC, I’ve seen some truly remarkable results from them and their highest quality work is comparable to the best. But I can’t in good conscience recommend them. Part of selecting a clinic is how they approach cases that end up poorly, do they offer refunds? Do they standby their work? What do they do when the unexpected happens. And for that after reading a significant case on here I can’t recommend them.

Completely agreed. Laorwong has been churning out consistent and very solid results. At worst, you may wish for a denser transplant. He’s done a few recent repairs that look promising too. 

HLC is good for a budget clinic. My issue is that you don’t even know which doctor you’ll get at HLC - and their worst is really, really bad. Donor depletion, 0 growth - irreparable bad. 

Yaman shouldn’t even be recommended. Poor presentation. I haven’t been impressed with results. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

You are also fine without a ht...i can see some density and shape lacking at the hairline and if that concerns you too much than you can fix it up with a small hairline surgery...meds usually won't work on hairlines...but if you wanna preserve you existing hairs than you need to be on meds forever....if budget is nt an issue than i would say dr de freitas should be considered as his hairline work is awesome and you don't need too many grafts so it won't cost you that much even if you pay a bit high per graft price ...he is around 3.5 euros per graft and if your budget is lower than that than imo you can consider dr laorwong and dr gur...thats what i think ...you can do your own research....i did my surgery with dr laorwong and if you have any questions or doubts regarding him than you can ask me anytime ...i would be happy to help you..best of luck and take your time ...

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023