29 and need recommendation and advice

Hello I'm 29 and from a background of family hair loss from my father(complete baldness from top of head) to my brothers. I was looking to get a fue procedure and this form is flooded with so much information but to be specific I just want to cover the front corners mainly, I'm planning on traveling to turkey in the next month or two and would like to get some recommendations on any clinics that might take me in that time since I know some take up to a year in advance for appointments. I'm not on any medication and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated it.

20230504_094332.jpg

20230504_094232.jpg

20230504_095138.jpg

20230504_095159.jpg

I see thinning all over the top. First course of action would be to get on a DHT blocker (finasteride, dutasteride) to stop further progression. You can also try minoxidil to thicken up your existing hair. Give the meds at least 1 year, you might make a good recovery. Rushing for a hair transplant right now would be a bad idea. The clinics that have no waiting list are like that for a good reason, you probably understand why. Give the meds 1 year and then reassess. Also, spend quite a bit of time researching this whole industry while you wait for the meds to work. This forum is a good source of information. Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys that was very helpful, so where do I go upon finding the right route for medication? Can I take minoxidil alone to thinking hair or do I need to take it with another medication to stop further thinning?

Hi Bud. 

first of all, given you’re nearly 30 and have baldness in the family, you’ve got a much better head of hair than I have. 
As a result, I’m on day 2 post FUE

the fact you’re finding yourself on these sites, tells me you’re already taking stages to doing it. I can assure you, it’s not a big deal. It will cost a few quid, it hurts for a bit and ultimately, you’ll never need to feel the anxiousness you’re currently feeling, forcing you to come to sites like this. 
not only will the meds you take along with the transplant mean it will stop you going bald, it will also give you the hairline and options of styles you may never of even had when younger. Resulting in more confidence. 

make a few calls, look at your local surgery’s before Turkey. Costs more but you get better after care, can see and speak to them again if needed and you’re home if you have any complications. 

go for it mate!! 

Thanks mate I really appreciate the advice! I'm definitely still looking to get fue but I'll wait to find someone that I'm comfortable with after researching. I signed up for forhims.com and was subscribed the following and wanted to know what you guys thought about the subscription or if anything needed to be changed or stick with it as I just answered some questions that were automated through the sign up process and that was what was recommended- Topical finasteride 0.3% and minoxidil 6% spray is a compounded 

Your thoughts?

6 hours ago, nismowwe123 said:

Thanks for the advice guys that was very helpful, so where do I go upon finding the right route for medication? Can I take minoxidil alone to thinking hair or do I need to take it with another medication to stop further thinning?

You need a DHT blocker to stop hair loss. which will be done by finasteride . Minoxidil cannot do that. But minoxidil can help improve blood flow to follicles. It is a stimulator for growth phase. 
so combining both meds is great as first line of defence against hair loss. 

17 hours ago, nismowwe123 said:

Thanks mate I really appreciate the advice! I'm definitely still looking to get fue but I'll wait to find someone that I'm comfortable with after researching. I signed up for forhims.com and was subscribed the following and wanted to know what you guys thought about the subscription or if anything needed to be changed or stick with it as I just answered some questions that were automated through the sign up process and that was what was recommended- Topical finasteride 0.3% and minoxidil 6% spray is a compounded 

Your thoughts?

17 hours ago, nismowwe123 said:

Your thoughts?

Personally, I’ve done with British Hair Clinic, YouTube them. A few celebs have been there now, have branches up north and down south. 
Numan , forhims, manual there are many now that offer the finasteride and minoxidil treatments. They won’t work miracles but you could be on your way to baldness that could be prevent by taking them so for the cost of a decent hair cut a month, it will keep those patches away. Worth it in my opinion. 
you can have PRP treatments with a hair transplant surgery too which is a popular preventative, look it up.