Users taking Oral minox. what is your experience?

Vann

I am about to start oral minoxidil in the upcoming week. My script is for 2.5 mg however, I am already actively in shape so my doctor warned me about my lower bp and to cut the pills in half to avoid nausea and passing out. 

the consensus I learned is to take it in the evening. Split my 2.5mg into halves (1.25) and take each one daily.

can anyone speak of side effects however minor that I should be aware of or any tips? (Take pill at night, eat salty foods when light headed, etc?).

Edited by Vann

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Valued Contributor

@Vann I have been taking 5mg oral minoxidil since long and never face any such side effects and i got a very good result ...so consult your doctor and you can start it along with finasteride....most probably you will se food results in few months  .

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

25 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Vann I have been taking 5mg oral minoxidil since long and never face any such side effects and i got a very good result ...so consult your doctor and you can start it along with finasteride....most probably you will se food results in few months  .

Did you start taking 5mg from the start? If so how did you experience a drop in BP?

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Valued Contributor

No is started with 2.5 and than gradually increased to 5..i didn't noticed any issues ....i had a transplant with dr kongkiat laorwong today and he told me that he is on oral minoxidil and finasteride since 10 years....

• Like 1

--> My Thread

1 hour ago, A_4_Archan said:

No is started with 2.5 and than gradually increased to 5..i didn't noticed any issues ....i had a transplant with dr kongkiat laorwong today and he told me that he is on oral minoxidil and finasteride since 10 years....

Wow, thats a really long time. Seems like your surgeon is well aquainted with Oral Minoxidil.

I am curious on this aswell since I am also considering starting post my HT

I wasnt open on the idea before howeaver several positive experiences online made me reconsider, De Freitas is likely to recommend me the same way he does to his patients post surgery so I am ready to go for it if I need to because I trully feel that I could get some decent regrowth with its use.. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Wow, thats a really long time. Seems like your surgeon is well aquainted with Oral Minoxidil.

I am curious on this aswell since I am also considering starting post my HT

I wasnt open on the idea before howeaver several positive experiences online made me reconsider, De Freitas is likely to recommend me the same way he does to his patients post surgery so I am ready to go for it if I need to because I trully feel that I could get some decent regrowth with its use.. 

Yeh you can ...and generally everyone adapts to it...bt suppose in case you don't thn you always have an option to quite it...so you can start with 2.5mg a day

• Like 1

--> My Thread

On 5/2/2023 at 7:57 PM, A_4_Archan said:

Hello

Had you previously tried topical minoxidil before your tried oral min? 

Did you notice much of a difference? And did you get sides on topical?

I got quite annoying facial oedema on topical so a bit wary about trying oral.

• Valued Contributor
23 minutes ago, Follicle1984 said:

Hello

Had you previously tried topical minoxidil before your tried oral min? 

Did you notice much of a difference? And did you get sides on topical?

I got quite annoying facial oedema on topical so a bit wary about trying oral.

Yeh i use to apply topical without any side effects and than i switched to oral and i don't get any side effects from that too...and i had better result from oral one...you may consider switching to oral one if topical dont suit you after consulting a doctor ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

--> My Thread