Topical fin safe or not safe while trying to conceive?

Cory

Hi all,

There have been some discussion about using fin while conceiving or having intercourse with a pregnant partner.

Does this apply to topicals aswell, because those are less systemic?

What are your thoughts?

Even more so! Much higher risk of cross-contamination when using topical fin, things like your pillow case could easily be touched by your by your partner. I personally took oral fin and have conceived children (but I know this probably not advised). Now if I could only use topical, i'd probably stop while trying to conceive and during the pregnancy to eliminate the risk of cross-contamination, or maybe during the pregnancy use low dose oral fin and take any necessary protections during intercourse in pregnancy . There are plenty of physician reps on here who would be able to you a much better and rounded.  @Rahal Hair Transplant  is generally one of the best on here. 

Edited by Bandit90

3 minutes ago, Bandit90 said:

Even more so! Much higher risk of cross-contamination when using topical fin, things like your pillow case could easily be touched by your pregnant partner. On the other hand oral pills are film coated to project against cross-contamination. As long you are comfortable with oral fin maybe stick with this and use necessary protections during intercourse to eliminate  fin contamination risk. There are plenty of physician reps on here who would be able to you a much better and rounded.  @Rahal Hair Transplant  is generally one of the best on here. 

Thanks for sharing! Good points.

So your opinion is no continued use of fin before and while trying to impregnate? And after scoring the goal to resume oral fin and use protection.

7 minutes ago, Cory said:

Thanks for sharing! Good points.

So your opinion is no continued use of fin before and while trying to impregnate? And after scoring the goal to resume oral fin and use protection.

Yes. In an ideal world yes i'd stop taking while trying to conceive, then when you've hit the back of net, get on oral fin and use protection. Many men conceive while taking finasteride (me included) but generally it much better advise to have a few months break when your trying to conceive, in the grand scheme the break shouldn't make much of a difference to the hair. 

My unscientific opinion is that there is no visible correlation between Fin and fertility. Think about it. Tens (perhaps hundreds) of millions of guys take fin. If Fin caused infertility, surely it would be a well-known side effect, no?

In fact, that would mean that a fair amount of dudes would probably take Fin for its infertility symptoms. If that was the case, why wear a condom or get a vasectomy when you can just take Fin? 

My opinion is that guys with fertility issues on Fin were going to have fertility issues regardless. If you already have a fertility issue, then sure I suppose Fin could potentially make things slightly harder. 

But if you have zero history of infertility and nothing to indicate fertility issues, then I really doubt Fin would be the red-handed culprit in a fertility issue.