Eugenix- Dr. Arika Bansal- 4063 grafts- Apr 24, 2023

Hou

Hi folks,

I just returned to the US from New Delhi and received a total of 4,063 grafts (3,721 scalp + 342 beard).  I am so happy that I found this forum which played a significant role in my HT journey. I am thrilled that finally, it is my time to share my journey here. 

Background: I am 40yrs and been losing my hair since I was 24-25 years old. I live in the US. I have been using minoxidil (Rogaine foam) for the past 5 years along with finasteride. I switched to oral minoxidil 2.5 mg one year ago and have been taking it every day. 

Package Selected: (Premium Package)

Planning, designing, and complete slits to be performed by Dr Arika Bansal and further assisted by senior technicians under the supervision of the doctor. 

Value-added benefit: Complimentary 3 nights’ accommodation with airport pick up and drop off. 7 days Post-op medication will be provided.

HT Plan: The initial plan was 3,500 grafts (3,000 scalp, 500 beard) for the first sitting to do the hairline and cover up to the mid-scalp and later to cover the crown in the future (second sitting). 

Travel and Accommodations: I arrived one day before the surgery date and strongly recommend it to those traveling long distances. I couldn't imagine being able to do the surgery the day I arrived. I stayed in Double Tree Hotel which was quite good, with clean rooms, nice areas, and great breakfasts. I also booked three extra nights to stay after the planned two days surgery to recover from the surgery a bit, go to the clinic for at least one or two cleanings, and get ready for the very long flight back home. The check-in process was easy and basically, my room was already ready when I arrived. I went to my room, unpacked, and went to bed but could sleep only for 2-3 hrs and the jet lag hit me, and woke up! I texted my contact at Eugenix, Satyam really great guy, in the morning to let him know I am in Delhi. He arranged my pre-op visit and the driver's pickup time. I then had my breakfast and went to Eugenix. The pre-op was easy and fast, signed a few pages, and did a few tests including anesthesia injection tests to make sure I am not allergic to it.

First Day of Surgery:

okay, here it goes the big day finally came. I was so excited and stressed! anyway, went to Eugenix at 11:00 am, and sat down in a room for Dr. Arika Bansal to come dor designing the hairline and the whole procedure. Dr. Arika is so friendly and knowledgeable, she asked me what kind of hairline I wish (expect) and I said I want my hairline and temples to be age appropriate and natural. If I have or can do more grafts in my first sitting I would rather add it to the scall/crown. She said my hair donor on the scalp is good and promising but the beard is not looking good :-( She drew my hairline/temples and asked me if I like it. They put your picture on a screen to show you better. after we agreed on the design, I was taken to OP room. Dr. Bansal made the slits 3,376 (360 for left and right temples) and the techs started the extraction/implantation. I was so scared of the pain of anesthesia shots but I should say the pain is bearable for most parts except for a few spots that hurt badly! (sidelocks and on the back of the head above the neck). After that, you don't feel a thing until either the anesthesia wears off or the techs want to move to a new area for the extraction/implantation. I should say and thank the techs and everyone in the OP room, they are so friendly, kind, and attentive to your needs. They play music, give you massage, offer you drinks, and breaks .... at the end of the day 942 grafts were implanted.

Second Day of surgery: 

I was scheduled to start at 9:30 am. On my way to the clinic, I was so happy that I will be done with my HT at the end of the day. They started extraction/implantation right away to fill in the slits made yesterday. Dr. Bansal came to see me in the op-room and she said your scalp donor is very good and we can add ~500,600 more grafts to our plan for this round if I still want it. that was the best news for me because I really wanted to do as many as grafts possible in my first sitting. I am determined to do the second round but you know life is unpredictable and you never know when you will get the chance to go back for the second round. Anyway, she started making the slits and made a total of 4,063. done. now again extraction/implantation. At the end of the second day, we could finish another 2,456 grafts. it was almost 8:00 pm and we still had 665 more grafts to complete. The techs did everything to finish the work but was not possible. Dr Das, told me it is better to finish it the next day. As much as I wanted to be done I agreed I was tired too. So here it goes I have to come back to the clinic tomorrow for the rest of the grafts. 

Third-Day of surgery (was not planned):

I reported at 9:30 am. They started the extraction right away. Oh, I forgot to say, I was not looking for this day at all because the extraction was going to be from beard and sidelocks. I had heard that the beard is so painful. Dr. Das, told me not to overthink it they will use a gel to numb my face before they inject anesthesia shots. I should say with the help of the gel and (of course the vibrator) the pain is not so bad! it hurts but less than the back of the head in my opinion. Anyway, we finished the entire 4,063 grafts.

First Day after the surgery:

I was exhausted, tired, and sleepy BUT so HAPPY. I went to the clinic for cleaning and the post-surgery photo shoot. I met the aftercare team guy. He is so kind and attentive. He reminded me of things I should be doing for the next seven days. 

Overall Experience:

My experience with Eugenix has been excellent so far! I am just looking forward to the results in the coming months and I must say I can't wait! The aftercare team sends me text messages every day to remind me of things I should do. 

Special thanks to @Melvin- Moderator who made this platform which helped me a lot and thanks to @BaldingEagle1 and all other members who shared their experience.

I will be updating and checking in regularly, any questions and advice are always welcome. 

2.jpg.d18f189af597c27ba982a522ad397b63.jpg

3.jpg.f8a71b8745a6cb6b9f560519b05208df.jpg

4.jpg.48b9aa7e2e93c1ac0e6b3d4a295e0dee.jpg

5.jpg.c7a7a3b67d1d966b777c76c18fa2a09d.jpg

6.jpg.5a7cbee97d98cef0d7bc7eaa873ea5a6.jpg

7.jpg.000a187bc2db19ed9e63a0e515bb5640.jpg

8.jpg.08dcdeea7a846f83a1a9ea4551d86f9c.jpg

1.jpg.ad04439b0193c01a56c5a8fff1d078ae.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Gatsby said:

A great write up and now the fun begins. Once the scabs come off and the ugly duckling phase passes you will really be happy. I hope you share your journey and I look forward to following it! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Gastby, I hope you are right. You were among of users who inspired me to do the HT! Always read your posts. 

• Thanks 1

Here is the graft breakdown:

TOTAL NUMBER OF GRAFT -4063
Scalp-3721 Beard-342

Single = 834 (- scalp 492+342 Beard) 

Double -1840

Triple -1250

Quadruple 139

I wonder if this is considered bad, average or good! 

Edited by Hou

so today is day 8 after the surgery,

Yesterday on day 7, I did my first head wash per Eugenix's guide video and only about 20 percent of scabs came off. Today I did the same procedure and I should say about 90 percent of the scabs are gone now. below, are the pictures from before the first wash and after the second wash on day 8:

IMG_3522.jpg

IMG_3550.jpg

So today is day 11-12, here is a photo I just took. All scabs came off on day 9 after third wash (started on day 7). I kinda like my new look very much 🙂 but today while washing my head I saw at least 20 hairs on my hand! I am kinda freak out. Is this shedding? Isn't it too early to start shedding? Isn't it too much shedding at this early stage?

IMG_3615.jpeg

• Like 1

Yup, totally fine. Just shedding. Mine started a little later, but I was sad to see all those little hairs go away haha, but it does come back in no time. The quicker they go, the faster the new ones grow :)

• Thanks 1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

23 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Yup, totally fine. Just shedding. Mine started a little later, but I was sad to see all those little hairs go away haha, but it does come back in no time. The quicker they go, the faster the new ones grow :)

Thanks.I hope you are right and everything turns out as good as yours. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today is 21 days after my surgery and Eugenix asked for some pictures and I thought I post a few of them here too. I do like to get some feedbacks from members here. Thank you

IMG_3763.jpeg

IMG_3765.jpeg

IMG_3769.jpeg

IMG_3772.jpeg

IMG_3774.jpeg

IMG_3771.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Your donor looks great. The ugly duck is just around the corner but I have every confidence that this is going to be a great result. 👌

Thanks Gatsby, for the feedback. I'm waiting for the tough part and hoping to skip it, like everyone else at this stage

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

@Hou

Thank you for the update, everything is looking fine and on track.  We wish you all the best in your new journey. 
Keep us updated on your progress. 

Warmest Regards 
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

Thank you. I will

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, itisme_alssiri said:

You made a great decision 👌  you are reminding me of myself 😃 you are on the right track & wish you the best. 

Ahmad

Hi Ahmad, thanks for your comment. I just started following your topic. You are right our case is very similar. The result of your 1st HT is fantastic. Please keep us updated

• Like 1

Today marks four weeks since I began my journey, and I decided it was a good time to capture the progress with a few pictures. I started experiencing hair shedding after 3 weeks which continues to this day. I noticed two small red pimples on my scalp today when I looked at my pictures! As always comments and feedback are appreciated. 

IMG_3960.jpeg

IMG_3963.jpeg

IMG_3966.jpeg

IMG_3967.jpeg

Edited by Hou

• 1 month later...

Here are my two-month post-hair transplant results. All pictures were taken under harsh lighting except the very last one, which was taken in front of a window with natural lighting. It has been almost two weeks since my shedding has stopped, and there hasn't been much shedding since then. However, there hasn't been significant growth yet, although I can see some new hairs trying to emerge here and there. I'm hopeful they will succeed. Please let me know what you all think.

IMG_4513.jpeg

IMG_4515.jpeg

IMG_4537.jpeg

IMG_4518.jpeg

IMG_4533.jpeg