Newbie Alert - Will my shock loss ever recover?

Pauly7719

Hi Guys, first and foremost I am sop glad I have found this forum!  I had my first hair transplant in turkey earlier this year.

I am now approaching 2 months since the procedure and largely nothing has happened as yet.  I have really bad shock loss in the donor area and no growth as yet in the transplanted area.

Please can you take a look at my pictures and comment on whether this is normal shock loss?  I just want reassurance that its not terrible and that I will get my hair back :(

Also is acceptable to wear a cap for long periods to keep it all covered up?

IMG_2627 Large.jpeg

IMG_2630 Large.jpeg

IMG_2631 Large.jpeg

• Moderators

How many grafts did you get? Do you have a picture of the donor area after surgery?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 minutes ago, Pauly7719 said:

Thanks Rafael, I appreciate your input.  So wearing a cap is ok then and it won't impact my growth?

It should be fine. If you wear it incredibly tightly it can be bad. People get traction alopecia that way. But that would be very rare. If you’re just wearing a baseball cap normally, it should not cause issues.

26 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

It should be fine. If you wear it incredibly tightly it can be bad. People get traction alopecia that way. But that would be very rare. If you’re just wearing a baseball cap normally, it should not cause issues.

thanks again for the reply.  I am wearing a standard bseball cap, nothing tight, just more so I dont look a dick with the shock loss

• Thanks 1

Shock loss in donor is not permanent in most cases. So no need to worry. it should grow back in 3-4 months. Transplanted hair should also start to grow and will be visible more during month 4 onwards. at 6 months you get 50 percent (not true for everyone but is just the average) and by 12 months you should get full results.

So for now you can relax a little. and take any meds that have been given to you by your surgeon. Keep updating us though with progress pics. If month 4 also no growth then you will have to reach out to clinic. For now they will tell you to wait.

• Thanks 1