Donor Area

I’ve been told by several clinics that I CAN have grafts taken from my donor area and also I Can Not have grafts taken..and I don’t know WHO to believe. I do know that I need a fair few to make my head look half decent.

I am 62 I keep My hair short..but long enough to cover a scar from a FUT ( strip) operation 24 years ago. I have also had SMP 7 years ago , and that has faded…

I could easily go to any clinic, BUT I need to be sure I will have enough donor hair and that WHEN it’s completed, I will NOT have a blotched area ( donor area) , where the hairs have been taken from. There are so many men who have had a good transplant area, BUT the back of their head is in absolute tragedy and makes them regret the procedure.

comments ? Suggestions? Testimonials ?

EE86937B-9A2A-42FE-A28B-FBBBFCFE78EA.jpeg

6A821271-33B2-45E6-A328-9FEB9D1C1417.jpeg

70E71DFB-A2D3-4D0F-BE37-D9B9990BCE30.jpeg

The sides are looking sparse, but the back looks feasible, but limited. 

I think it’s definitely a risk to proceed, but if a doctor thinks it’s feasible, you should defer to them. I’d be wary of any session over 2.5k grafts imo. I also think you need reasonable expectations because your donor will never get you anywhere near full coverage.

Whats your budget and goals? 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Side looks very week and back looks average ...imo it would be better if you don't go wid a surgey bt evn if you go for it than you have to set your goal accordingly ...if you wanna consult a doctor who is good at high norwood cases thn i would ask you to consult dr zarev and dr pittela and see whats their opinions are...and how was your fut experience ?

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 hour ago, Z-- said:

I think it’s definitely a risk to proceed, but if a doctor thinks it’s feasible, you should defer to them. I’d be wary of any session over 2.5k grafts imo. I also think you need reasonable expectations because your donor will never get you anywhere near full coverage.

Thankyou 

I don’t really have a budget I just think I’d like to have Hair ! 

1 hour ago, Z-- said:

Thankyou - don’t really have a budget I just would like to have hair ! lol 

1 hour ago, BaldV said:

I wouldnt proceed in your case as your donor is really weak. You look like a normal 62 year old man so no need to go through all of this procedure that isnt even gonna give you good results.

Thankyou..

28 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

Side looks very week and back looks average ...imo it would be better if you don't go wid a surgey bt evn if you go for it than you have to set your goal accordingly ...if you wanna consult a doctor who is good at high norwood cases thn i would ask you to consult dr zarev and dr pittela and see whats their opinions are...and how was your fut experience ?

Thankyou How do I contact them ? 

8 minutes ago, Gregory said:

I didn’t have enough grafted and implanted, so it was not a good result 

500 extracted, 500 implanted and 500 grew is a good result. A bad result would be if the yield was low, or if there was damage to the donor, or if it grew in an unnatural way.

if you grow it out, does it cover much area?

• Valued Contributor
43 minutes ago, Gregory said:

Thankyou How do I contact them ? 

Dr pittela is a recommended doctor here..you can through the recommended doctors list here on the top and can consult him by filling up the form or can directly contact both of them through their websites ..just search for Dr tsvetalin zaarev hair transplant and dr felipe pittela hair transplant on Google...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators

Honestly, I think you should do nothing. Donor looks very limited. Beard hair is available, but needs to be blended. Given that you already had strip as well, means your donor isn’t virgin. At your age, rocking a shaved head would look good in my opinion. Sometimes doing nothing is the best choice.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.