doner area recovery/over harvesting

Hi Guys! 

I had a hair transplant in Turkey on 2/4/23 so was only done just over 2 weeks ago. 

I was looking for advice on doner area. The area itself is healing well however they have taken grafts over quite a vast area so after having read horror stories about over harvesting I thought I'd post current picture as I'm a little worried I guess. 

Totally aware its only Been 2 weeks and super early in recovery process but your views/experience would be welcome 😊

pictures taken today attached ( FYI the little bald bit on lower right side of neck was me trimming my neckline with clippers going wrong the other day  🙈

image.thumb.png.ad6af5ed6f56860abeef6937cacf1bb9.png

image.thumb.png.302130566fb113e23dff2b6ecfc8354f.png

image.thumb.png.23e9a658533fdf764138db35460b541c.png

The usual cause of over-harvesting is a bad extraction pattern, so it would be helpful if you could show us some post-op pictures of your donor area. Anyway, two weeks after your HT is waaaaay too early to worry about this, recovery from shock loss usually takes 3-6 months, and there's surely at least some shock loss going on here.

• Administrators

It will probably recover fine

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Its too soon to judge something...can only judge something around 4-5 months..even sometimes shock loss stays for long ...so give it few months...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

3 hours ago, chris71080 said:

Thank you pictures are on the original post. Yeah totally agree it's super early but just wanted some perspective so not worrying for nothing 😊

I meant pictures taken right after surgery, so we can see the punch marks :) 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 11:01 AM, Rafael Manelli said:

Taking grafts over a vast area actually reduces the chance of overharvesting. Overharvesting is more common is they take all the grafts from a small, concentrated area.

How many grafts did you get? It may just be shock loss.

5100 done hopefully settles down 🙏

6 minutes ago, kiwik said:

5100 sure is a big number of grafts! No wonder you have some shock loss. Your donor definitely looks like that many were taken. Don't worry, it's going to get better! 

Thank you . Yeah they were planing on 4500 so I'm Hoping all ends well. Thanks for your comment 👍