Is this fixable?

On 4/14/2023 at 1:25 AM, JP28 said:

did he at least do a good job with the beard? 

yeah it does look quite good from the front, I will say that, he did a great job on the transplant and I'm very happy with that result, just highly questioning his choice to harvest the donor hairs in the manner in which he did.

He did get back to me and told me to give it at least another 6 months as the area is still healing, so maybe I overreacted as it's only been 3 months...I was under the impression the donor area wouldn't really change much since those hairs are basically just gone, but I will give it a little more time before making a final assessment on how I feel about this procedure and whether or not I want to have some kind of repair job done

Edited by rgm82

2 hours ago, rgm82 said:

but I will give it a little more time before making a final assessment on how I feel about this procedure and whether or not I want to have some kind of repair job done

Thats the correct and measured approach. You may well dodge a bullet, but it is still unacceptable for the doc to take the risk with your donor. The only explanation I see is laziness. It's easier to punch out FU's that are next to each other, rather than distribute the harvest across the donor.

• Moderators

It's only 3.5 months post procedure. There could be some temporary shock loss. I'd wait a few more months to see if it improves before deciding to do anything.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.