Hi

I have my surgery booked in for August this year in London and I was expecting all medication (amoxicillin etc) to be provided post op but they have asked me to go to the pharmacy and purchase my own. Is this normal and surely I need a prescription is it just a case of seeing my doctor explain I’m having surgery and they will write a prescription? Caught me off guard.

Thanks 

• Valued Contributor

I dont think so that each and every doctor would be providing after care medicines ..though lot of them do provide but there mite be few exceptions and you doctor may be one of them...but its fine if the work of that doctor is pretty good...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Never heard of a clinic not providing post-op meds. You're also correct that in the UK and I believe most countries, you need a prescription for antibiotics. Assuming the person performing the surgery is a Doctor, why, at the very least, haven't they written you a prescription for the meds?

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Baldeagle47 said:

Hi

I have my surgery booked in for August this year in London and I was expecting all medication (amoxicillin etc) to be provided post op but they have asked me to go to the pharmacy and purchase my own. Is this normal and surely I need a prescription is it just a case of seeing my doctor explain I’m having surgery and they will write a prescription? Caught me off guard.

Thanks 

You mean your doctor won't write a prescription for you? Are you serious ? Do talk to them again..their might be some miscommunication ....i firstly thought that they will not provide medicines and you have to buy from a pharmacy but now i think you meant they will not even provide a prescription and thts unimaginable ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Thanks for the replies guys. To clarify they said they would email me the prescription and they’ve sent over on a letterhead a list of the medication required and signed by the doctor but I was expecting it to be on an actual prescription form so wasn’t sure if it would suffice.

I wrongly assumed it was included in the aftercare package.

19 minutes ago, Baldeagle47 said:

Thanks for the replies guys. To clarify they said they would email me the prescription and they’ve sent over on a letterhead a list of the medication required and signed by the doctor but I was expecting it to be on an actual prescription form so wasn’t sure if it would suffice.

I wrongly assumed it was included in the aftercare package.

Had a look into it and it seems to be fine on letterhead paper as long as it’s signed in ink etc just wasn’t what I was expecting from the clinic.