Long Term Swelling

I had a second transplant 4 1/2 weeks ago, and I still have much puffiness under the eyes, and some fluid over my left eye. My face also seems a little more round. I have been trying to sleep upright, ice the eyes multiple times per day, but it continues. It is worse in the morning, especially if I sleep on my stomach. I assume that in this position, gravity is taking more fluid into my eyes. I know that cortizone was used along with the anesthetic injected into my scalp. I also took prednisone (more steroid) after the procedure. I have done this in both my transplants, although I had much more severe swelling the first time because I took the prednisone too late, yet I had no lasting effects from the first transplant. Has anyone else experienced this eye puffiness well after the procedure? If yes, did it eventually go away? It is possible that the stretching from the first procedure could have weakened the area causing trouble in the second transplant? I read that steroids can cause sodium and water retention, eye puffiness and rounding of the face? Is it possible that steroids could have caused this and is there anything I can do to improve things?

I had a second transplant 4 1/2 weeks ago, and I still have much puffiness under the eyes, and some fluid over my left eye. My face also seems a little more round. I have been trying to sleep upright, ice the eyes multiple times per day, but it continues. It is worse in the morning, especially if I sleep on my stomach. I assume that in this position, gravity is taking more fluid into my eyes. I know that cortizone was used along with the anesthetic injected into my scalp. I also took prednisone (more steroid) after the procedure. I have done this in both my transplants, although I had much more severe swelling the first time because I took the prednisone too late, yet I had no lasting effects from the first transplant. Has anyone else experienced this eye puffiness well after the procedure? If yes, did it eventually go away? It is possible that the stretching from the first procedure could have weakened the area causing trouble in the second transplant? I read that steroids can cause sodium and water retention, eye puffiness and rounding of the face? Is it possible that steroids could have caused this and is there anything I can do to improve things?