Best lenght of hair for evaluation

MTCM

• Valued Contributor
47 minutes ago, MTCM said:

And what about the donor area?

The same. Your surgeon if he/she is a good one will use magnification to examine your scalp. My dermatologist examines my scalp for miniaturizing hair every six months. Also don’t doubt the experience of assessing from an elite world class surgeon too. All the best. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Yeh i agree with gatsby.. imo we should keep the hair as we would normally like to wear evryday than it would be better so the doctor can do implantation accordingly 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

If the consultation is done in person at the clinic (final consultation before your surgery / regular checkup at the dermatologist ) then do as @Gatsby said as doctor will use magnification to check scalp and part your hair and see which areas you are hiding with length.

But if its done by video calls and images you send to clinic (initial consultation) and if you choose to keep lengthy hair then

1) part your hair.

2) use a good resolution camera.

3)use all types of lightning (indoor, outdoor). Harsh light condition photo is must.

4)Use different angles because with some angles the illusion of density changes.

5)Donor area try to keep short hair as if any donor thining then can be detected and overestimation of grafts is not done.

Or keep short hair and repeat steps 2,3,4. Good luck with your consultation.