Unsure about finasteride for life - still HT?

Hey Guys!

As the title suggests I'm unsure if I'll want to remain on fin for life. 

I've been taking finasteride for about 3 years now. I'm very healthy overall, and I can still "perform" sexually. I have however noticed that my sex drive has slowly been going down, and I generally feel lower energy than I used to. 

That could of course just be aging, but I'm only 28. Bit early for that I fell. I have managed to get a reliable source of oral Minoxidil, which I seem to tolerate well. So I'd definitely stay on that. I'm currently Norwood 3-4 I'd say, but from many father's hair I can surely say I have a predisposition to NW6/7. My thought process is, that if I go somewhere decent for an FUE procedure I'd probably still be able to rock a shaved head if it comes to it.

My question really is if pursuing a hair transplant would still be a worthwhile idea despite maybe getting of fin at some point?

Surgeons like Pittella or Zarev make it seem not totally unreasonable, I guess?

Edit: Maybe I should add that I'm not looking to achieve a NW1 hairline. A good NW2.5 would be be plenty fine for me. I'd simply like my face to be better framed and to stop being so bothered by the slightest gust of wind.  

Edited by Anon94

7 hours ago, Anon94 said:

Hey Guys!

As the title suggests I'm unsure if I'll want to remain on fin for life. 

I've been taking finasteride for about 3 years now. I'm very healthy overall, and I can still "perform" sexually. I have however noticed that my sex drive has slowly been going down, and I generally feel lower energy than I used to. 

That could of course just be aging, but I'm only 28. Bit early for that I fell. I have managed to get a reliable source of oral Minoxidil, which I seem to tolerate well. So I'd definitely stay on that. I'm currently Norwood 3-4 I'd say, but from many father's hair I can surely say I have a predisposition to NW6/7. My thought process is, that if I go somewhere decent for an FUE procedure I'd probably still be able to rock a shaved head if it comes to it.

My question really is if pursuing a hair transplant would still be a worthwhile idea despite maybe getting of fin at some point?

Surgeons like Pittella or Zarev make it seem not totally unreasonable, I guess?

Edit: Maybe I should add that I'm not looking to achieve a NW1 hairline. A good NW2.5 would be be plenty fine for me. I'd simply like my face to be better framed and to stop being so bothered by the slightest gust of wind.  

Generally, shouldn't be an issue if you're conservative with your approach, which it seems that you are.

it is difficult to answer because we not know how good oral minox is. some Drs want us to believe that it can replace Fin but there is scientific data to back that up.so to your original question, I would say rather no