Issues after taking finastride

I have started taking Proscar (1/4 of 5mg) 2 weeks ago after my hair transplant and now i do get irritation in my urinating passage at night..

I talked to my patient coordinator for the hair transplant and she asked me to take it alternate days.

I wanted to ask folks here if they experienced any such issue. Any advice for me? Any medicine to relax my prostate?

I also read so many negative articles about finastride so i am also scared tbh..

3 hours ago, Rock92 said:

I have started taking Proscar (1/4 of 5mg) 2 weeks ago after my hair transplant and now i do get irritation in my urinating passage at night..

I talked to my patient coordinator for the hair transplant and she asked me to take it alternate days.

I wanted to ask folks here if they experienced any such issue. Any advice for me? Any medicine to relax my prostate?

I also read so many negative articles about finastride so i am also scared tbh..

With me the sides were more frequent peeing and slight ball ache. It disappeared when I switched from 1mg to 0.5 daily.

Try lowering the dose

• Valued Contributor
On 3/26/2023 at 6:02 AM, Rock92 said:

Any medicine to relax my prostate?

Yes. Finasteride! If the pain has gone away I would stay on the dose you are on now (though I'm not a doctor). Speak with your patient coordinator with these concerns. All the best.

• Thanks 1