Grey hair after hair transplant

Has anyone noticed increased grey hairs after a hair transplant? I had a hair transplant almost four months ago and noticed I have a significant increase of grey hairs in the harvested zones (went from about 2-3 on my scalp to about 25), just a observation and not something that bothers me but wanted to hear if this is a occurrence that’s been seen before?

Edited by mister_25

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

@mister_25,

Well it’s true that they do say that trauma can cause premature gray hairs. Now, there isn’t a direct connection between hair transplant surgery and gray hairs. But if you are at that age which of course varies for everyone, it’s possible that traumas the scalp can cause a few gray hairs.   I think it happened to me as well.  In my case, I haven’t really seen any gray hair since but I’m not sure I still will. So who knows, you may end up with a few gray hairs that may or may not be at least partially related to the trauma to the scalp during surgery.  Of course it could just be one big coincidence 🙂.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.