Pressure on the graft

Anybody else had experienced this where the surgeon puts pressure on your scalp while doing the placement to put let the grafts stay in place? I assume this was because of popping since they said i was a bleeder. It just worries me that they may have traumatized the graft and lessen the chance of it surviving and growing. 

Edited by Henry

@Henry,

It’s very normal for the surgeon and/or the technicians to place some mild pressure on various parts of the scalp while operating however, do you know for sure that they put actual pressure on the grafts specifically?  Now, I know you said that there was popping. As a result, it would be normal for them to gently push the graft back in place but I wouldn’t necessarily call this pressure.

They may have even held it in place to allow for the blood to coagulate. This is the process where blood thickens from a liquid to a gel, also known as clotting.  Long story short, as long as too much pressure was being applied, no issues or problems should develop as a result of that specifically.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

54 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Henry,

It’s very normal for the surgeon and/or the technicians to place some mild pressure on various parts of the scalp while operating however, do you know for sure that they put actual pressure on the grafts specifically?  Now, I know you said that there was popping. As a result, it would be normal for them to gently push the graft back in place but I wouldn’t necessarily call this pressure.

They may have even held it in place to allow for the blood to coagulate. This is the process where blood thickens from a liquid to a gel, also known as clotting.  Long story short, as long as too much pressure was being applied, no issues or problems should develop as a result of that specifically.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Yes the pressure was on the recipient site, 2 areas specifically, I don't really know for sure if it's because of popping or what, i was just assuming. Thanks for the reply.