Massive shedding just ater 3 days!!

MrBALDwin

I first began to notice my thinning in my early twenties. Over the past 2 years it was slowly got thinner and thinner (most noticeably around my crown area). I used regaine for 3 months when i was 21 and just got lazy with the rountine and stopped using it.

However ive noticed somethink very very alarming. I am now 22 and and the thinning of my hair is taking a gradual stage.

However i went on leave for a month (from my work) and decided to shave all my hair off. Just got sick off it really. However when it slowly grew back ive noticed a heck of alot shedding. Even worse ive just started using regaine again and after just 3 days im almost completely bold on top!

I read somewhere its because of shedding when using a hair regrowth product...but this is just after 3 days of using it and its just all came out! lol. Ive been living with my parents for the month and my dad said (just after 3 days using the product).."Son..wheres all your hair gone?" lol!!

Got back from leave and my mates cannot believe how much hair i have lost!!

Is this normal?

I first began to notice my thinning in my early twenties. Over the past 2 years it was slowly got thinner and thinner (most noticeably around my crown area). I used regaine for 3 months when i was 21 and just got lazy with the rountine and stopped using it.

However ive noticed somethink very very alarming. I am now 22 and and the thinning of my hair is taking a gradual stage.

However i went on leave for a month (from my work) and decided to shave all my hair off. Just got sick off it really. However when it slowly grew back ive noticed a heck of alot shedding. Even worse ive just started using regaine again and after just 3 days im almost completely bold on top!

I read somewhere its because of shedding when using a hair regrowth product...but this is just after 3 days of using it and its just all came out! lol. Ive been living with my parents for the month and my dad said (just after 3 days using the product).."Son..wheres all your hair gone?" lol!!

Got back from leave and my mates cannot believe how much hair i have lost!!

Is this normal?

Shedding is not only normal when using either or both minoxidil and propecia, but expected. However, after only 3 days, and the alarm of your post, its obviously somewhat severe. Whilst I would say that this is possible, it would be rare to see so much shedding in such a short time. But if it is related to the products, it should for sure grow back. Could it possibly be that if a recent change in length has accured, and now you are growing back, that you have never really seen your hair at this length before and are therefore somewhat suprised by its appearance?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.