which one is better????

i was planning to get on with propecia and minoxidil 5% as soon as possible after my HT...

now my question is which propecia is better?

though i know both are almost the same

*the one in america or the one in london?

*the single tablet is better or the one we

have to cut into half?

as i was planning to place an order...so just needed advice..

please help..

i was planning to get on with propecia and minoxidil 5% as soon as possible after my HT...

now my question is which propecia is better?

though i know both are almost the same

*the one in america or the one in london?

*the single tablet is better or the one we

have to cut into half?

as i was planning to place an order...so just needed advice..

please help..

I would reccomend the single tablet because when you swplit the pill you alter the effectiveness because the coat core tablet is part of the delivery system---if you can not afford it or need to save money then split it.

hey rugger or anyone there,

i am a little confused...just get my doubts right...

in london its known as propecia or in america..

is propecia and proscar(i know both are same with different names) both are available in london and america with different price tags??

money again is not the point!!!

which is better and what are the cost, if u know? if i take a 6 months supply...

thanks rugger....

u just got my doubts cleared....

one more think i just wanted to know??

as its my 5th day and everything is going just fine....even the swelling which i started on the 3rd day...is goin away...

my question is...how can one know that he has just lost a graft...i mean if there is some fresh blood on the scalp or pain or something else....

does this mean u have lost a graft??....and which day after your HT is for sure that all the scrabs will fall out definately???

From information I have gathered from this site I would suggest that......

Apparently the loss of a graft is accompanied by quite a bit of bleeding and you may see what looks like a grain of rice.

Basically, you will know if you lose one.

As a rough guide:

After 2 days the grafts are getting there, by days 7 and 8 they are in.

From memory, I think my scabs started to disappear after 6 or 7 days and were all gone

by about 10 days.

Everyone is slightly different though.

Sweetlittle, there is oodles of very similar threads on this topic.

If you do a search, you should find heaps.

I know it is easier said than done, but try to take it real easy, don't pick at the grafts, try not to bump anything, relax and let nature take its course.

You should be fine.

thanks rugger and rocky

ur info will definately help in some way...

RUGGER whats the market prise of propecia (single tablet) in america...if i take a 6month's supply...what wil it cost me???

AND....now one more help please...

tell me now that,what is this finateride...its another name for propecia,proscar or what...???

as per me now i think proscar,propecia and finateride all are the same....

please correct if i am wrong...

ya i m pretty much aware of this fact...

that is why not takin any chances by buyin the medication from here in india...

as i read on this site only a couple of months back by a member(i think it was u only) that the medicines manuf. in india are not up to the mark..

i have a friend in america and will ask him to send me a years supply of propecia...

now i just wanted to know,the best form of propecia is manufactured under who's name?????

like when i will ask him to buy for me...what points he should see and keep in mind before buyin????

hey rugger,

as u said u lost a couple of grafts while sleepin..i just wanted to know was there some blood as well on the scalp in that area or what??(what was it actually which made u think that u lost a couple)

i was touching(u can also say playin and passing my time with) my scabs and when one of it fell there was a very tiny little dark hair stuck in it....was it the graft...but there was no blood or pain at that place or point of scab

About the Proscar(5mg)/Propecia(1mg) (both Merck pharmaceutical version of generic finasteride)

If you dont want to mess with the quality issue (i.e. buying generic finasteride from other countries, unknown pharmacies, etc) get the Proscar 5mg from Merck. I just looked up www.drugstore.com and they have 90 tabs for $210.

Since finasteride has a long half life, it is acceptable to take 1/2 tablet (2.5mg) three times/week, as long as you dont have side effects from the 2.5mg (usually sexual side effects).

If you do take it as above, you will use 1.5 tabs/wk and 90 tabs will last you 45weeks (Cost will be $4.66/week or $18.66/month for the quality stuff from a reputable company.

I think its also easier to cut a pill into halves than it is to cut into quarter parts.

Drugstore .com and Drugplace.com is great for pricing so is Costco use to to price club if you have one in your area. A lot of Transplant Dr. offices if they do a quick check up on you offer a auto ship program. Every three months a pro pak `a 3 month supply` will be sent to your house. Dr. Mayer w/ MHR `Medical Hair Restoration` in San Diego or many other offices w/ MHR offer it too in many other cities.

D.