Is it normal to start to shed a few hairs/grafts 7 days post op?

I was still very cautious about washing my hair and did so very gently on days 7 and 8 but noticed a few hairs with crusts. My clinic said this was normal and I remember post op directions from another consulted clinic said shedding may start after 1 week. I am almost 3 weeks out and notice losing a few hairs (with crusts) here and there (I don’t think the large shedding has happened yet). So I was curious if anyone else has experienced light shedding like in the pictures after 7 days? 

ABAFCC31-D1C0-47FF-894F-ED3BA8DCC386.jpeg

754D49D2-9C60-47E6-9D22-89B4D4EFDBEE.jpeg

0BC8122F-AF20-42FF-8014-CD4EA8658D00.jpeg

Everyone loses or sheds a few grafts post-op so none of this is a problem.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 months later...

With shedding, there usually is more hair lost in the cycle as compared to losing several grafts.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I literally have the same problem. lost a lot of what are hair attached to scabs, got worried as it was day 8. shed like 25% of my "grafts" like this. the transplanted area now looks half bald  (temples anrceskusqv60b1.thumb.jpeg.c85487add44550ab96dc74620008e42a.jpegd some in the middle)

qyo7rorpv60b1.jpeg

rxprhkfpv60b1.jpeg

zskmxx2qv60b1.jpeg