UK Drug Regulatory Authority MHRA Investigating Finasteride Safety

Full Link: https://www.pfsfoundation.org/news/uk-drug-regulatory-authority-mhra-investigating-finasteride-safety/

UK Drug Regulatory Authority MHRA Investigating Finasteride Safety

Probe launched after tête-à-tête with French counterpart ANSM, whose ‘red box’ warning will be slapped on all finasteride 1 mg packaging next month

This is why I think it’s great companies like Xyon and others are figuring out ways topically to protect men from the potential serious systemic effects of oral Finasteride and 5AR inhibition. 

Before I get attacked, I know there are many men who take Fin and have no issues at all, so I still firmly believe it’s a combination of some genetic component or underlying health issue(s) causing men to be either mildly effected, moderately effected, or seriously effected with the potential to develop long standing complications ie: PFS. There has to be some similar fundamental underlying reason why this occurs. 

Edited by sunsurfhair

• Administrators

I’ve said it before, if I were balding topicals would be my first option. If the topicals don’t work, then consider low dose oral fin or dut. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.