any long time propecia users consider bumping up their daily dosage?

will27

I am 33 and have been on propecia for about 8 years (admittedly on and off), but in the past couple of months my hairline has really started to thin and recede and I am looking for other ways to combat this.

I considered minoxidil, but it's a pain and doesn't work well with concealers. The added time daily is more than I can handle because styling my hair right now takes about 40 minutes with concealers.

I bought nizoral and have started using it, but I don't expect much from this treatment.

I looked into avodart, but the side effects really have me worried, so that's out for now.

As a result, I thought that I may try and up the the dosage of finasteride. I have read many people say it won't help, but then some ht docs and others have recommended it for long term users.

My wedding is in four months and I just want to have decent wedding pics, i.e., I want to maintain what I have now. After that I don't mind if things get a little worse before I book an ht with Dr. Rahal for later on this year (assuming that I will be considered a suitable candidate when I see him later this month).

thanks

I am 33 and have been on propecia for about 8 years (admittedly on and off), but in the past couple of months my hairline has really started to thin and recede and I am looking for other ways to combat this.

I considered minoxidil, but it's a pain and doesn't work well with concealers. The added time daily is more than I can handle because styling my hair right now takes about 40 minutes with concealers.

I bought nizoral and have started using it, but I don't expect much from this treatment.

I looked into avodart, but the side effects really have me worried, so that's out for now.

As a result, I thought that I may try and up the the dosage of finasteride. I have read many people say it won't help, but then some ht docs and others have recommended it for long term users.

My wedding is in four months and I just want to have decent wedding pics, i.e., I want to maintain what I have now. After that I don't mind if things get a little worse before I book an ht with Dr. Rahal for later on this year (assuming that I will be considered a suitable candidate when I see him later this month).

thanks

Thanks Bill and rjnebbo, I will definitely consult my doc before doing so. Increasing dosage does not seem to get much support either scientifically or anecdotally, so maybe it's the wrong approach.

I took a print out of my propecia purchases over the last couple of years and what I saw was that I was on and off propecia for a year and started a gain in September. Maybe my front line hair loss is shedding at this point. Who knows, I just need to make it to May, after that it ht city for me.

thanks again guys, great suggestions.