Early Fin + Minox Shedding?

coinflipdrifter

Hey everyone, 

I just hopped on Proscar 1.25MG and oral minox. I started two weeks ago - and then stupidly forgot my meds for a four day trip. I’ve since returned home and gotten right back on them. 

Unfortunately, I’m shedding more than ever right now. Sink, shower….everywhere. I know the fin/min shed is supposed to usually happen a few months in - but is it normal to be happening so instantly? I’m not going to stop but it’s a bit unnerving. I’m thinner than I can ever remember in the mid scalp and frontal areas now.

Thanks,

CFD

• Valued Contributor

Yes this can happen when you begin medication. But two weeks on meds will not yield results. And a break of two weeks will not yield a shed. You could try just finasteride first and see how it goes after one year. You could then add minoxidil then to see if it adds any improvement. All the best.

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, coinflipdrifter said:

Hey everyone, 

I just hopped on Proscar 1.25MG and oral minox. I started two weeks ago - and then stupidly forgot my meds for a four day trip. I’ve since returned home and gotten right back on them. 

Unfortunately, I’m shedding more than ever right now. Sink, shower….everywhere. I know the fin/min shed is supposed to usually happen a few months in - but is it normal to be happening so instantly? I’m not going to stop but it’s a bit unnerving. I’m thinner than I can ever remember in the mid scalp and frontal areas now.

Thanks,

CFD

Yeh shed happens bt i dnt think tht is it that instantaneous ....though continue using it and you will get a positive result and if not thn you cn consult a good doctor to check if you have any other deficiency in your body or any scalp related issue ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023