Dr. K TP

I had a transplant by Dr Karamikian last week and it went great. I went to him after my father had one last year. He used mostly follicular units on me and more of a mixed for my dad. Here are some pictures, I will update as things progress.

The pictures were taken on the day of surgery. One is of the grafts the other is the donor area.

Lousonnlate

CreateNewAlbumCreateNewAlbum

I had a transplant by Dr Karamikian last week and it went great. I went to him after my father had one last year. He used mostly follicular units on me and more of a mixed for my dad. Here are some pictures, I will update as things progress.

The pictures were taken on the day of surgery. One is of the grafts the other is the donor area.

Lousonnlate

CreateNewAlbumCreateNewAlbum

Please send your pictures soon. I am have appointment scheduled for Dr. K next week.

I am considering a second opinion now.

What is your opinion of the quality of Dr. K's work? Donor Area ok? Recipient area ok?

Right now, I am not sure about Dr.K's reputation. Will consider a second opinion with Dr. True. Too bad I can't fly out to see Dr. Shapiro in MN.

The 'objective' facts are:

1) He graduated in 2001 (3 years of experience)

2) Shares office with Dr. Hitzig (subject to 120 lawsuits of malpractice.. and using un-qualified people to be technicians.)

3) Uses multi-blade scalpel which is riskier

4) Uses Mixed grafts, while single FUT are now preferred.

Paco,

Lousonnlate's experience is of little value to you. His reslts have not grown in yet and you will learn nothing from his pictures.

His father's results would be more valuable as his results would be apparent. Not seeing them in person makes a huge difference. You should tell the doctor you must see patients who are 8-12 months post-op in person before you will commit to surgery.

Given the concerns you listed, you really need to get them addressed and see patients in person.

Mr. T

Paco

If I were you, I would "play the field" for a little while. Meet with several doctors, just to get their opinions. Read up on hair transplants. Meet patients in person. Spend time looking at a variety of doctors.

I worry that you are rushing into this, and could be better-informed.

Arfy,

Thanks for the concern, I plant to meet a live example of a transplant patient 10-months post-op this Thursday. The patient is very similar in that he only did 1400 Single FU on the hairline only. If it wasn't for this forum, I would have NEVER thought to see a live example. I dind't know that this was normal to ask.

Thanks,

Paco