Itchy donor, month post transplant

I think it might be to do with the fact I've always had scalp problems and if I went a day without using my shampoo's (Capasal or T-Gel) it would get like this, and I've been using SebaMed, provided by my clinic. They say use Aloe Vera gel. I went in to a couple places yesterday with no luck, and am going to try some more today, but if I can't find any, anyone have any suggestions? Would E45 or such be fine?

• Valued Contributor

I’m also one month post op. Personally I have always found my scalp to be dry after a hair transplant and use little to no shampoo for up to two months post op. Any type of shampoo just seems to make it worse. The itching in the donor area would be from healing which is a good sign. You should consult with your surgeon. An antihistamine can also help with excessive itchiness. All the best. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 9:05 AM, jc80220 said:

I think it might be to do with the fact I've always had scalp problems and if I went a day without using my shampoo's (Capasal or T-Gel) it would get like this, and I've been using SebaMed, provided by my clinic. They say use Aloe Vera gel. I went in to a couple places yesterday with no luck, and am going to try some more today, but if I can't find any, anyone have any suggestions? Would E45 or such be fine?

Witch hazel is good if you have ingrown hairs in donor area