Thick smaller hairline vs less density bigger hairline

So if you are missing most of your hair in front of your scalp and you can choose between getting safer hairline like nw2 (Henry Cavill) but much more thicker or getting a nw1 hairline but much less dense and hope that illusion will do it's thing. What is a better choice here?

Edited by SoSoz

• Moderators

I was going to say I'd take the higher hairline with more density, but at the same time I really want to lower my own hairline, so I guess it depends on how high and how dense. but if you are talking about a very low hairline that you had at 15 then you really need it to be thick to look right when it's that low, so you're better off going a bit higher in that case.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I think closing the temples off is more important than lowering the hairline. 

In my case, my entire hairline receded (from the temples to the widow's peak) but I plan on just lowering/closing off the temples and not touching the front of my hairline at all.