Thinning type: early stage or noticeable

Hello to you all,

I'm new around here. I'm glad to have found this forom with so much information.

Though, I would like some help to determinate which type of thinning I'm currently in. I would personnally think that I'm between "early stage of thinning" and "noticeably thinning" with a pattern balding, but I would like some example to help me in my decision.

Some of you are probably wondering if I'm trying to choose between Nioxin system 1 or system 2. Well, you are correct. Any idea what's the real difference between these 2 systems? I'm getting short on placenta based shampoo and want to take a decision before the end of the year.

Thank you. icon_smile.gif

SharpShark,

I'm not familiar enough with the Nioxin product line to tell you the differences off the top of my head.

However, though Nioxin is a great shampoo and conditioner, I've seen no compelling evidence that it will fight against hair loss.

In my opinion, to stop the progression of male pattern baldness, consider Propecia and Rogaine. Be sure to research each and become familiar with the potential side effects and make an educated decision.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

I saw from details on Rogaine that it essentially contains 5% Minoxidil.

I have the 5% Minoxidil solution from "Hair Club". Will that be an effective alternative to buy Rogaine?

2 times a day is something I have not been regular with, but motivation here will get me going...

• 2 weeks later...

hairtodaygone,

Minoxidil is minoxidil whether it's found in Rogaine or Hair Club's EXT. In my opinion, purchase the less expensive of the two and/or the one that's more convenient to apply. Personally, I'm a fan of the Rogaine foam application though I've never seen Hair Club's.

Best wishes,

Bill