What's your Rogaine regiment?

I'm looking for opinions on how much and how often you do your Rogaine treatments on your new grafts.

Here's my story:

I started out with 2%, twice a day. But I started to get lots flaking and dandruffy. So, I figured I would switch to the 5% -- but only once a day.

Actually, my flaking stopped, and now I've got all this 2% and 5% hanging around. So, I've gone to

2% -- in the AM

and

5% -- in the PM before bed

The 2% isn't noticibaly thick...

while I wouldn't want to walk

around with 5% on during the day..

I would look like I had a sticky head.

So.. just wondering.. am I overdoing

the Roganie on the new grafts, or

is this okay?

And, what is your regiment?

Thanks!

I'm looking for opinions on how much and how often you do your Rogaine treatments on your new grafts.

Here's my story:

I started out with 2%, twice a day. But I started to get lots flaking and dandruffy. So, I figured I would switch to the 5% -- but only once a day.

Actually, my flaking stopped, and now I've got all this 2% and 5% hanging around. So, I've gone to

2% -- in the AM

and

5% -- in the PM before bed

The 2% isn't noticibaly thick...

while I wouldn't want to walk

around with 5% on during the day..

I would look like I had a sticky head.

So.. just wondering.. am I overdoing

the Roganie on the new grafts, or

is this okay?

And, what is your regiment?

Thanks!

I use Kirkland Minox 5% twice a day. The flaking is probably mostly dry minox. 2% then 5% at night is ok but it would be best if you could get used to 5% twice a day.

I also use Kirkland 5% twice a day...if you find it makes your hair sticky and gives you that greasy look...try blowdrying your hair after about 10 mins application...takes the greasy look away and works for me...

Good luck

Is it 6 months yet??

I tried 5% in the morning and evening, but found that I got too much dandruff. Besides I think he 5% is too thick and slimy to put on your head before going to meet the masses for work. I do 2% in the morning and 5% at night, but when I run out of 2% I think I'll just go with 5% at night.

Question:

I also use the Kirkland. Do you guys only use the drop applicator? I found it a drag to put drops on all the HT graft areas and surrounding hair using the dropper. Besides, I thought it didn't cover enough ground per application. I started using a fine small-bottle plastic mist sprayer. I'm probably overusing a bit, but, Minox. is not that costly.

Any thoughts?

Garyr

I used a mist sprayer too because I thought it would be more effective than the dropper. I wound up spraying too much on my grafts. The next day I had blotches of white crust encased on and around my grafts. Pouring water over my head won't remove it. I had my transplant done recently, and I can't use shampoo on my scalp yet. So I've been sticking to the dropper: I apply little drops conservatively among the grafts.

Thanks Brian:

My doc didn't recomment my using minox. again until around the 10-14th day so I didn't run into the white crusts you had. I'm just not sure about penetration once the new hairs are growing. It seems mist or dropper you have to use your hands to make sure it gets to the scalp instead of just sitting on the follicles.

Garyr