dutasteride users - how’s it going?

i’ve been wanting to hop on dutasteride but the only thing i’m worried about is people saying it caused them to lose a lot of hair along their hairline 

how’s it been for you? any improvements? sides?

I know this is not be the same for everyone but I got minor hairline gains while hopping on oral dut. I did commence this at the exact same time as I introduced minoxidil so that is more than likely the reason for the minor gains but at least dutasteride didn't "nuke" my hairline as some people warn it might.

It's been about 10 months and smooth sailing so far. No sides. Had minor sides on fin but nothing worth stopping over. Switching to dut I've felt even better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Viney said:

I know this is not be the same for everyone but I got minor hairline gains while hopping on oral dut. I did commence this at the exact same time as I introduced minoxidil so that is more than likely the reason for the minor gains but at least dutasteride didn't "nuke" my hairline as some people warn it might.

It's been about 10 months and smooth sailing so far. No sides. Had minor sides on fin but nothing worth stopping over. Switching to dut I've felt even better.

thats good to hear, glad everything went smooth for you

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2023 at 3:22 PM, Viney said:

Your age and grade when you started dutasteride? And any improvement?

3 hours ago, ThePerseverantWarrior said:

Has dutasteride given you better results?

Well even when i was initially on Fin, i didnt notice any further hairloss. So i would have rated Fin 10/10 in prevention. 

I still happily and without hesitation upgraded to Dut tho. Bc even though Fin was apparently working marvelously, i still wanted the best preventative treatment out there and Fin wasnt it. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

Still alive : P

Dut has worked best in my crown(s).  Got both my whirls back.  Got a bunch of vellus hairs back and maybe ~ 1000 terminal hairs or so. 

It's always funny cause the crown is the thing I was perfectly happy losing.  Even now the hairs stick straight up in the air.  I think it's a common problem for us double cowlicks out there. 

image.thumb.jpeg.2bd870d593dced2a4d3532c1de08c590.jpegunnamed.thumb.jpg.5813b2858b7dae0f58fc473bd7b9786d.jpg

Edited by MisterBreakfast

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 4:20 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

I had zero sides fom Fin for the 2 years I was on it, then upgraded to Dut. I haven't had any sides from Dut in the 4 years I've been on it. 

I don't get the drama....

Have you noticed any difference between fin and dut with regards to hair loss?

I'm thinking of adding dut to my regime because I think fin has stopped working for me.