Repair in a month

Hello in a month I fly to US to have my old transplant repaired to a more natural look. My aim is to get as more hair from donor area as possible.

However I am thinking if at the same time I can revise my old scar and remove my old plugs, cut them to one hair follicles and replace them on my head, as I read somewhere in the forum. Can I do all these at once or it will be too much?

Hello in a month I fly to US to have my old transplant repaired to a more natural look. My aim is to get as more hair from donor area as possible.

However I am thinking if at the same time I can revise my old scar and remove my old plugs, cut them to one hair follicles and replace them on my head, as I read somewhere in the forum. Can I do all these at once or it will be too much?

Originally posted by Under Construction:

Stamos,

I am currently undergoing fairly extensive repair work (I just had my third repair procedure), and may be able to offer you some advice.

Can you post a couple of pictures so we can better understand your situation?

Also, which doctor are you planning on seeing?

Thanks your message under construction. Please see my thread here for photos:

http://hair-restoration-info.c...181093204#2181093204 Scroll in the middle of the 1st page to see all pictures.

I asked about doing them all together, in order to fly again back in US in some years and not to undergo consecutive repairs every year. Please tell me your opinion, the doctor is Shapiro.

Stamos,

Based on what I know, you should be in very good hands with Dr. Shapiro. He was on my very short list of docs that I considered, and still may go to him for some finishing touches.

Unfortunately, your pics are not high enough quality for me to give you an informed opinion about your needs. My general advice would be to remove any obvious/obnoxious plugs in the hairline and/or crown(rather than just trying to camo them). By obvious/obnoxious, I mean pitted or directionally challenged. Also, focus on softening things in the hairline to obtain a natural apprearance.

Regarding the donor, I would use the exisitng scar. You will probably be able to revise this scar while getting an adequate amount of grafts. Importantly, you must lossen up the donor area with exercises. You need to focus on this over the next month.

Finally, this is probably not what you want to hear, but you must be patient. Based on your pics, and depending on your reasonable goals, you will likely have to undergo at least two procedures, especially if you are going to have any pluggy grafts removed during this procedure.

I wish you the best, and look forward to seeing your progress and results.