Permanent shock loss ? Damaged hair ?

Hi does anyone think my hair could have been damaged or is this shock loss that will return , grafts placed where there was native hair that has not returned with the rest of the native hair so has me worried it has been damaged permanently 

4A53D97A-7ED1-48BC-A5B8-34E064C72FE1.jpeg

367B8460-1412-42B2-9428-FBB0977A6FC4.jpeg

0561BEF4-B5E9-4784-8EC8-51264B35DC2C.png

5C4F5B53-A1B3-43AF-B2B2-50E6E5468BE9.png

B9EB9486-2A63-4A34-88B7-845F44E39ADC.jpeg

CE1FF0C3-3CBC-4F88-901F-895A5E4975EB.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

At six weeks it’s way to early to know anything. Why do you think your grafts could have been damaged? The follicles will be shedding for the next month or two. All the best. 

There was native hair where the grafts were placed that have not grown back it’s now a bald patch , I think the native hair is damaged not the new grafts 

• 3 weeks later...

funny enough I have had shock loss of transplanted hairs from my first HT from 12 months ago after having a second HT just recently in January, I didn't expect it, not all of the hairs, but enough to make it feel weird and noticeable with small gaps in between now. I was just doing some reading and its a very normal thing apparently and can shock your hair into regrowing itself just like the HT hair, and then it'll take around 3-4 months to come back, fingers crossed thats all it is mate

• Thanks 1

@Teddy1927,

I apologize if you stated this in another thread or later in the topic but without knowing the date of your procedure, it will be difficult to provide you with any real information on this.  that said, the area you were concerned about is still a little pink which tells me that you may have had her transplant surgery a few weeks to a couple months ago. But when was the date of your procedure?

I will tell you this though generally speaking. Shock loss typically occurs 6 to 12 weeks after your hair transplant and can take up to six months to a year to completely return.  Given that you likely had hair transplanted in those areas of the hairline, I’m sure that you’re only within the first couple of months out from surgery. This is typically when patients look worse than before surgery which is often referred to as the doldrums or the ugly duckling phase.   It can be discouraging even for those who know what to expect and produces doubt and even the most knowledgeable patients.

lThe above his wife position selection is key and if you selected a reputable surgeon with a proven history of producing outstanding results consistently, then they should provide you with some comfort. But new growth from your hair transplant typically doesn’t even start until between 3 to 5 months and and he shocked hair can take as long to grow back as the results to grow in and mature.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Tomorrow will be three months. And it stresses me out cause my hair looks worst than it did before ht. I see growth on the transplanted hairs but not much on the native hairs that was gone due to he ht

4 minutes ago, drew24 said:

Tomorrow will be three months. And it stresses me out cause my hair looks worst than it did before ht. I see growth on the transplanted hairs but not much on the native hairs that was gone due to he ht

I am 8/9 weeks now and yes I look a lot worse than before ht lol I have been shaving native hair off to blend in with new hair , do u have any photos ?

6 minutes ago, drew24 said:

60D2128E-BCFB-4BA3-9199-A863A96DCA05.thumb.png.1a80838d36d8dadc082c1182e4e12fbd.pngC30E2E2A-26BC-48A4-8A84-16E7E5A7E910.thumb.png.63786a0c32b88b8cf68c5d5d19e676a5.png

On 2/28/2023 at 11:09 PM, drew24 said:

From looking at your last picture your native hairs are coming in. It will look all fill in in two to three months time. Are you using minoxidil? 

Hi yes I am 👍

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Silent123 said:

Amazing dude ! That has recovered really well 😎

Yes I must admit I didn’t think it was coming back , I was told shock loss could be 3/4 even 6 months for recovery but pretty much back in 2 months