Factors on Donor Hair

So knowing that genetics and dht play a massive role in native hair loss what plays a role in donor hair or transplanted hair from safe zone? Like dht isn’t as big of a culprit for hair loss of donor hair so is anything a potential culprit to losing transplanted hair years down the line? Maybe chemotherapy or genetics or dandruff? Just curious what factors could lead to hair loss of transplanted hair that was taken from the safe donor zone? Thank you

• Moderators

Various medications can cause hair loss, so if you ever need to get on meds make sure you read up on them and see if there are alternatives that may be better on your hair.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Various medications can cause hair loss, so if you ever need to get on meds make sure you read up on them and see if there are alternatives that may be better on your hair.

Any common names? I assume chemo related drugs but didn’t know if there are well known medications that can cause it

It's vital to maintaining your healthy scalp/hair by following balanced diet & by avoiding harsh hairstyles and treatments. There are still medical conditions potentially leading to hair loss in transplanted hair years down the line.

Certain medical conditions, such as autoimmune disorders, hormonal imbalances, or thyroid problems, can affect hair growth and lead to hair loss. As well as, some medications, such as chemotherapy drugs or blood thinners, can cause hair loss.

• Like 1