8 months results. Are they on track.

Chiku

Just now, Chiku said:

Thanks. I did see your pics through the link you posted. Your recipient area appear to be different fromm mine as does the grade of baldness. You got native hairs all over. Although it is hard to see the full extend of baldness because the pics are immediate post op. But definitely not a typical norwood 6 or7. 

Nope, I will post updated pics soon. I am a Norwood 6. In my first FUR surgery my surgeon appears to have killed some of my native hair in the crown and mid scalp.

3 minutes ago, bigmistake said:

Nope, I will post updated pics soon. I am a Norwood 6. In my first FUR surgery my surgeon appears to have killed some of my native hair in the crown and mid scalp.

Look forward to your updated pics. 

It is hard to salvage the native hairs if transplant is done in the same area to improve density if the native hairs are affected by DHT specially if they are miniaturized. It is hard to grow them back after a shock loss.  Were you on Finasteride when you had your HT.

23 hours ago, Chiku said:

Look forward to your updated pics. 

It is hard to salvage the native hairs if transplant is done in the same area to improve density if the native hairs are affected by DHT specially if they are miniaturized. It is hard to grow them back after a shock loss.  Were you on Finasteride when you had your HT.

I was on finastride after my transplant. Had 1mg for five months, had sides now switched to topical finastride.

On 5/2/2023 at 2:35 PM, bigmistake said:

Rather than going for another transplant to improve density, can't you improve density using SMP ?

I still feel that there are a lot of untapped beard hairs, so I will choose to go for a natural way to improve density. They took only 1000 hairs from the beard area on my last transplant. 

On 5/1/2023 at 3:04 PM, bigmistake said:

I was on finastride after my transplant. Had 1mg for five months, had sides now switched to topical finastride.

Is it helping your native hairs.

On 5/2/2023 at 2:45 PM, bigmistake said:

Found a similar case:

Your results are even better.

You did some deep digging!! 😀 That's quite a story. As you can see the results are suboptimal once you start using higher percentage of Body hairs. However I do believe his pics underestimate the actual results as he never posted any pics with long hairs. At the three month mark his pics suggest something very impressive coming up in the months to come, but then he started trimming his hairs.  

Edited by Chiku

11 hours ago, Chiku said:

You did some deep digging!! 😀 That's quite a story. As you can see the results are suboptimal once you start using higher percentage of Body hairs. However I do believe his pics underestimate the actual results as he never posted any pics with long hairs. At the three month mark his pics suggest something very impressive coming up in the months to come, but then he started trimming his hairs.  

Yeah man, I need a repair and have limited donor. I need to dig deep. I have seen great results from Eugenix using body hair, and some not so great (track_rat)

If his results would have looked great with long hair he would have posted an update by now. But I still think his will look great with SMP. Just like Gatsby, he had SMP before his transplant which added to him aesthetically.

On 5/7/2023 at 12:53 AM, bigmistake said:

Yeah man, I need a repair and have limited donor. I need to dig deep. I have seen great results from Eugenix using body hair, and some not so great (track_rat)

If his results would have looked great with long hair he would have posted an update by now. But I still think his will look great with SMP. Just like Gatsby, he had SMP before his transplant which added to him aesthetically.

True. But gatsby also had a relatively decent donor reserve and hair texture was curly as well. Rahul Riachand had 8000 beard hairs, and his results are great. 

On 5/9/2023 at 6:53 PM, Chiku said:

True. But gatsby also had a relatively decent donor reserve and hair texture was curly as well. Rahul Riachand had 8000 beard hairs, and his results are great. 

8k beard grafts?! Can you post the link to his thread, can't find it. 

On 5/11/2023 at 2:10 AM, sekiro109 said:

8k beard grafts?! Can you post the link to his thread, can't find it. 

There are several links. above is one of them, for your convenience it is at 2:15 where he mentions about the 8K beard grafts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Rahul is a lovely guy and I contacted him a few years ago as he and my cases were incredibly similar. I urge young guys to listen to what Rahul has to say at the end of the video.  

@GatsbyAgree your and his are similar. With all due respect, I would like to mention one difference I could see is that you had a lot more scalp donor reserve to harvest from. I have seen his videos, many times, there are several of them. Every person is different, but his result does give a lot of hope to those with advanced stage hair loss with severely depleted donor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

I don't know if my donor was really that much better. My head size is large as is the size of my bald crown. Also like Rahul I have previous surgery scars and my scalp donor is quite thin and spread out in density. My scars also are not FUT scars they are punch graft scars with a linear scar being the result of corrective scar surgery. What I think has helped me most is oral minoxidil as it has thickened up all of my scalp and beard hair. All the best.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 6:30 AM, Gatsby said:

I don't know if my donor was really that much better. My head size is large as is the size of my bald crown. Also like Rahul I have previous surgery scars and my scalp donor is quite thin and spread out in density. My scars also are not FUT scars they are punch graft scars with a linear scar being the result of corrective scar surgery. What I think has helped me most is oral minoxidil as it has thickened up all of my scalp and beard hair. All the best.

I had been taking finasteride for 16+ years but never liked minoxidil. Gave it another try in Jan after seeing your post mentioning improvement in your donor.  I first used the liquid but had the same problem with itching and then switched to foam version and have been on it until my recent transplant .

Your results are coming out amazing!

On 5/25/2023 at 4:00 PM, Gatsby said:

Did you start oral minoxidil before your surgery ?

Finally I had my second HT with Eugenix, they did a total of 2600 grafts across two days. 

On the first day they did a little over 1000 grafts for hair line, 1cm strip behind the hair line, temples and lateral humps. On the second day they worked on the rest of the front, mid and back of the scalp( up to the anterior/front margin of crown) using over 1500 beard grafts. 

Will post pics in a separate thread.