8 months results. Are they on track.

Chiku

• Valued Contributor
Just now, Z-- said:

Agree @Archan. This is disappointing to see. Way too many bad cases lately. Not going to recommend them in the same breath as higher Norwood elites like Zarev until I see massive improvement (both in their technique and ethics for failed cases).

Yeh i believe evry surgeon shud make patient aware abt the real situation and wht outcome should be anticipated ...i knw surgery can go wrong..bt whn u take a case whr the patient is nt at all a fit candidate for the transplant thn he shud be made aware of tht...

Patient awareness is must ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor
3 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

Eugenix some to reject very few candidates

I do think with another procedure who could get a good visual result if you went for a buzzcut look

How can he have another 3k grafts...his donor is already been exhausted ...he was nvr a fit candidate for a transplant ...

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
5 minutes ago, Epsteins_island said:

3000 grafts is 3000 grafts,  regardless of past transplants.

The before and 8 month picture is no way a full 3k.. unless the survivability was trash

I said their results are good in most of the cases...but not in ths case...and am worried about the ethics more thn the result cause whn a patient is not fit for the transplant thn the surgeon shud make him aware abt it before doing surgery 

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
Just now, hairman22 said:

i would assume he has body hair he can use.

Do u think he would get so much of coverage with jst body hairs? Most of the grafts taken from body are singles and they don't provide enough coverage 

--> My Thread

9 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Agree @Archan. This is disappointing to see. Way too many bad cases lately. Not going to recommend them in the same breath as higher Norwood elites like Zarev until I see massive improvement (both in their technique and ethics for failed cases).

Appreciate your input Z.

'technique and ethics for failed cases' 

I am no one to comment on their or on any other surgeons technique. I believe most of us will go by their results and results of other patients.  

As for ethics,  they have been in constant tough with me. I communicate with them regularly. They have asked me to wait for at least 12 months to see the full results before thinking of any future transplants. So I do not see anything wrong there.

• Valued Contributor
5 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

i would assume he has body hair he can use.

And my point is nt abt results and having body grafts...not evn sayin tht the surgery should nt have been performed..

My point is whn a patient is hopeful for a specific outcome whn in reality he is nt fit for transplant thn it is the duty of a surgeon to make him aware about the reality and possibilities of a poor outcome...and thn if the patient is ready to risk it and do the surgery anyhow thn its fine

My point is about making patients aware in such complicated cases

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, Chiku said:

Appreciate your input Z.

I am no one to comment on their or on any other surgeons technique. I believe most of us will go by their results and results of other patients.  

As for ethics,  they have been in constant tough with me. I communicate with them regularly. They have asked me to wait for at least 12 months to see the full results before thinking of any future transplants. So I do not see anything wrong there.

Tht is called aftercare and evryone is agreeing tht their aftercare is fine..bt u wer never a fit candidate for a transplant cause of the poor donor and i jst believe they shud have made u aware of this thng before surgery...and thts wht i askd u earlier and u said they didnt tell u anythng about u being a fit candidate or not...

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
4 minutes ago, Chiku said:

Appreciate your input Z.

And if they told u earlier tht u r not fit for the surgery and still if u have insisted to go on with the surgery thn in tht case they r nt at fault

--> My Thread

We may have seen a bunch of poor eugenix cases lately, however we've also seen just  a huge number of eugenix cases per se. They're easily the most popular clinic in this forum, so by sheer volume alone it's only fair to expect some poor results. Doesn't necessarily mean they're worse than other clinics. 

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Rafael Manelli said:

We may have seen a bunch of poor eugenix cases lately, however we've also seen just  a huge number of eugenix cases per se. They're easily the most popular clinic in this forum, so by sheer volume alone it's only fair to expect some poor results. Doesn't necessarily mean they're worse than other clinics. 

Yeh true

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Their results are generally good.. In most of the cases...its jst tht i guess they r shying away saying no to someone who isnt a good candidate for transplant 

--> My Thread

20 minutes ago, Chiku said:

Appreciate your input Z.

I'm glad that they are communicating with you and you don't feel strung along or left to dry.

Still, Eugenix really needs to stop pressing on this "wait 12 months to assess" non-sense. Konior and Couto -- with patients on this very forum -- have offer touch-ups after 6 months in the very rare instances of a sub-optimal procedure.

Have you asked what is Eugenix going to do to make this right at 12 months? If so, what did they respond?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Anecdotally, each subsequent HT has reduced chances of success given the scalp's scarring, lower quality of the donor etc. It's essentially diminishing returns, that is why everyone in the community is adamant on getting the first procedure done right. It kinda sets you up for success with smaller future procedures vs chasing after it to repair it.

are second & third time round not as successful as the first then are you saying? 

36 minutes ago, Archan said:

Tht is called aftercare and evryone is agreeing tht their aftercare is fine..bt u wer never a fit candidate for a transplant cause of the poor donor and i jst believe they shud have made u aware of this thng before surgery...and thts wht i askd u earlier and u said they didnt tell u anythng about u being a fit candidate or not...

Good or bad candidate, suitable or unsuitable candidate, these labels were not given. But some specifics were discussed.  I distinctly recall me asking some specific questions about "see through" under light. Well before the transplant date was confirmed, they said that under bright light my scalp may have a see through and if a camera is clicked with flash on, that may make your scalp shine in the picture.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Eugenix is pretty active on this site, it would be great to hear from one of the Eugenix people commenting on this case.

Thanks for your input. I have been in touch with them, so I personally do not expect/need them to respond on this forum. I can get answers from them directly. 

I posted these pics to see what others have to think about the results as I had growing concerns about the density. There was no ambiguity with the verdict the forum gave.

36 minutes ago, Z-- said:

I'm glad that they are communicating with you and you don't feel strung along or left to dry.

Still, Eugenix really needs to stop pressing on this "wait 12 months to assess" non-sense. Konior and Couto -- with patients on this very forum -- have offer touch-ups after 6 months in the very rare instances of a sub-optimal procedure.

Have you asked what is Eugenix going to do to make this right at 12 months? If so, what did they respond?

I had 1000 beard grafts, that is the likely reason for the 12 month wait time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archan said:

How can he have another 3k grafts...his donor is already been exhausted ...he was nvr a fit candidate for a transplant ...

Yeh I was looking and thinking along the same lines, with previous failed procedures and limited donor then this was a long shot. It does work out for some people if they choose a better clinic coming from previous poor ones, but as shown here it’s not always the case. Sometimes it’s better to find out why they have failed and maybe If there’s a underlying issue. 
For this guy I feel like further procedures are not advisable. Maybe SMP or a hair system would be beneficial? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiku said:

I had 1000 beard grafts, that is the likely reason for the 12 month wait time. 

That might partially explain the result. Eugenix used to be quite good with BHT, but lately many of their highly focused BHT results (e.g. when they make up 25% or more of the total graft count) have been woeful. 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 8:42 AM, StillAlive said:

9 hours ago, Big Rome said:

are second & third time round not as successful as the first then are you saying? 

Anecdotally, it's the conclusion that I am arriving at, particularly when implanting on scalp that has already been operated on. A second procedure to fill an untouched crown, wouldn't suffer from that, as the scalp would be 'virgin' there.

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, Fueway said:

Yeh I was looking and thinking along the same lines, with previous failed procedures and limited donor then this was a long shot. It does work out for some people if they choose a better clinic coming from previous poor ones, but as shown here it’s not always the case. Sometimes it’s better to find out why they have failed and maybe If there’s a underlying issue. 
For this guy I feel like further procedures are not advisable. Maybe SMP or a hair system would be beneficial? 

Yeh exactly ...whn a patient already has bad outcome frm previous hts and havin such a poor donor thn surgery shud not be carried on widout scalp check ups and evn the patient shud be informed tht thr may be a chance of poor outcome..

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, Z-- said:

That might partially explain the result. Eugenix used to be quite good with BHT, but lately many of their highly focused BHT results (e.g. when they make up 25% or more of the total graft count) have been woeful. 

Ofcourse beard grafts wont give it tht much coverage as they are mostly single hair grafts ..so if anyone is dependent on tht whn the beard graft raito is too high and the baldness level is also high thn we shud accept the reality tht he is nt gonna get tht much of a coverage which we tend to wish..

--> My Thread

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 5:55 AM, Archan said:

Ofcourse beard grafts wont give it tht much coverage as they are mostly single hair grafts ..so if anyone is dependent on tht whn the beard graft raito is too high and the baldness level is also high thn we shud accept the reality tht he is nt gonna get tht much of a coverage which we tend to wish..

They may be singles But they’re very high caliber