Doubles and multiples in hairline....question for the knowledgeable....

Hello all,

If you have had a bad transplant with doubles and multiples wrongly placed in the hairline, how many millimetres of singles grafts would need to be placed in front of them.

Or another way to ask if that is not clear, how many millimetres would the hairline need to be lowered with singles to look natural with a corrective procedure?

Really need some advice. Thanks.

• Like 1

@BboyLimpin,

I don’t think this question can really be answered in terms of how many millimeters single haired grafts should be placed in front of multi haired follicular units in the hairline.  The answer to this question really depends on each patient’s individual case. For example, how many multi-haired follicular units are really in the first row of the hairline and how far apart have they been placed?  In most cases, the multi haired follicular units can be camouflaged by placing single haired FUs in between, around and in front of the multi haired FUs.

But in some cases, extraction of the multi haired FUs may be necessary.  For example, you wouldn’t want to place a couple of rows of single haired follicular units in front of the existing hairline if it would lower the hairline in a way that looks unnatural.

Now, only a hair transplant surgeon can address this with precision and by providing more than just a simple opinion.  But if you want knowledgeable member opinions about what they think could be done in your specific case, I do recommend posting some photos of your hairline. For example, do you know for sure that multi-haired follicular units have been placed in the first row of the hairline or is this just a possibility that you are concerned about? How long ago was your hair transplant? Did the results grow in already or are you just looking at the way the grafts appear immediately after they’ve been transplanted?

i’ll be happy to provide you with a more detailed opinion if you post some photos of your hairline from the front, 45° angle and the top.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

1 hour ago, BboyLimpin said:

Hello all,

If you have had a bad transplant with doubles and multiples wrongly placed in the hairline, how many millimetres of singles grafts would need to be placed in front of them.

Or another way to ask if that is not clear, how many millimetres would the hairline need to be lowered with singles to look natural with a corrective procedure?

Really need some advice. Thanks.

great question I also face this dilemma lol 

I’ve had a few multiples fairly close to the front planted purposefully (although not directly at the front). 

My original hairline receded a fair bit and I was left with an ‘island’. Frontal region of the island was fairly dense and had a number of multiples in what was left of my natural hairline.

When I had my procedure in order to blend it my Dr followed a similar pattern. Singles at the front but a few multiples not too far behind to replicate the island. I’m not talking loads, only a handful but it looks fine so far and was discussed prior to the procedure. 

Edited by ScottishGuy21

• 2 weeks later...