Sunscreen on recipient area 1 month post op?

I am going on a date tomorrow. It will be sunny and we will likely be walking outside for an hour or so. 

I am 28 days post op. I plan on wearing a hat, but even with a hat on, a portion of my temple points will still be showing (my temple points were worked on during the surgery)

My question is can I put sunscreen directly on the recipient area/temple points at 1 month post op?

If so, are there any recommended sunscreen brands, and what is the minimum SPF the sunscreen should be?

Thanks. 

I have sensitive skin and use Cere  Ve, one of the only ones I tried that was non irritating, also used it in my head and it never seemed to be an issue, not sure why it would matter as the grafts are already secure but would check with your doc, I was told. After 14 days I couldn’t hurt them, but I understand the concern. 

D2C46BE9-213E-4991-A662-52C636139012.jpeg

Edited by Chetman2112
Pic needed cropped

Yes you can safely wear sunscreen on the recipient area now and up to 3-4 months post-op…you are making great progress.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY