1st HT - guidance appreciated.

Hi,

I am thinking of a first HT. I looked into it a few years ago but didn't go ahead for different reasons. I have discovered this forum and it has been a great source of information - thanks to all involved!

Photos are below but some details:

- 40, hair loss for 8ish years.

- Hair loss was initially slow but more aggressive in the past couple of years.

- Not taking any medication but would be open to if there is a good benefit to doing so. 

- Based in the UK but will be moving to the Middle-East in the near future (but can still travel to clinics). 

Aims:

Would like to address balding areas and have a hair in keeping with what it was like mid-30's. Not looking to lower the hairline, but aiming for a natural look in keeping with age. My hair is greying but fine with this as a look. 

I would appreciate any guidance anyone has on; aims (am I expecting too much / too little) and recommended clinics/Doctors/surgeons to go with. 

Thank you!

Alba

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

Forgot to add - 

I keep it quite short in general but the photos are after 4-5 days of growth. 

Based on the recommendations on this site, I am planning on contacting:  

Fuegenix (Netherlands)

Dr. Bisanga (Belguim)

Eugenix (India)

Hattigen (Switzerland)

• Valued Contributor

For medication i wud say start asap...consult a doctor and start finasteride and minoxidil ...

U have high grade of baldness but the positive thing is tht u seem to have a good donor...seems so from ur pics...so u can go with a conservative approach ..

The surgeons u have shortlisted are all elites...u can choose whoever u r comfortable with ...talk to all of them and thn see wht their advice is and thn ask for the results from thm who have ur type of baldness and thn u cn make ur decision ...😊

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

5 hours ago, AlbaHair said:

Forgot to add - 

I keep it quite short in general but the photos are after 4-5 days of growth. 

Based on the recommendations on this site, I am planning on contacting:  

Fuegenix (Netherlands)

Dr. Bisanga (Belguim)

Eugenix (India)

Hattigen (Switzerland)

Of this list, I would say Bisanga and Hattingen. 

In Spain, I like Dr. De Freitas. In Portugal, I like Dr. Pinto and Dr. Ferreira. 

I can't really tell that much by the pictures, but it looks like you are a advanced NW5 case.

In Europe: Mwamba, Bisanga, Ferreira and Pinto are the ones that I've been impressed with for NW5 cases.

In North America: H&W and Konior, I also like Naders work.

Your probably going to need 6500 grafts minimum, probably higher.

In my opinion and anecdotes, NW5 isn't the breaking point where you have to accept a degree of thinness and weakpoints, you can still get a strong head of hair everywhere at the cost of probably your whole donor (without it looking depleted visually). This is where medication is key because if you can prevent yourself from ever heading into a NW6/7 you can preserve your donor for small refinements and touchups and generally have a stronger head of hair.

We have seen massive NW5 recoveries before on this forum so if you do this right you could be one of them. Keep in mind that you will most likely need two-three surgeries to achieve coverage everywhere.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• Valued Contributor
15 hours ago, AlbaHair said:

Thanks. Happy to take other recommendations, if you know of any?

As far as higher grade baldness cases ..eugnix and dr zarev produced top notch results...

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023