miniaturized hairs shedding, good or bad sign?

zenmu

along with seeing all these little hairs shedding since starting finasteride, i also notice my hairline overall looks much more miniaturized. 

5 months into finasteride

i also dyed my hair with box dye (3 times within 3 weeks, it wouldn’t stay and i said f*ck it) so is there a potential that this caused it? but even before the dye, my hair had been shedding a lot more than on just minoxidil

8B2322B4-E197-4867-9584-A3F3E62B90E2.jpeg

Edited by zenmu

From my experience, a good sign. 

When I started Finasteride/Minoxidil I had shed ALOT of my native hair at 1 month in, I practically looked slickbald Norwood 5/6 Everywhere. I would probably say somewhere in the middle of the 3 month mark is when I noticed I was back where I started but when I was 4 months in I was better from where I started.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

6 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Usually a good sign, no reason to not stick with it so see the shed through and wait until at least a year to assess your progress. 

perfect. thanks, i appreciate the response

Just now, mister_25 said:

From my experience, a good sign. 

When I started Finasteride/Minoxidil I had shed ALOT of my native hair at 1 month in, I practically looked slickbald Norwood 5/6 Everywhere. I would probably say somewhere in the middle of the 3 month mark is when I noticed I was back where I started but when I was 4 months in I was better from where I started.

yes i’ve heard of the hair getting worse before it gets better so that’s kind of my reassurance right now 😭 and i just looked at your results, congrats! the texture is much better aswell

• 10 months later...

Hi @zenmuhow are you doing now with your shed? I ask because I'm having a similar experience. Been on and off fin for years but finally decided to take it seriously starting mid September. Now it's December and I'm seeing a lot of hair falling out in the shower - more than I'm used to. Used to never shed like this when on/off of fin. I'm wondering if I should start oral minoxidil since I know that can cause another shed.