Addition to my regimen

dolev1591

Hi,

im 24 years old, on 0.5 fin a day for a year, minox for 3 years (foam), but im still losing hair (hairloss progressing), can tolerate more then 0.5 a day(tried 1mg every day and got sides, and also 0.5 3x a week and 1mg x4 a week.

im around nw2 , and want to reach stability, what can i add?

thought about topical dut/fin and i will be happy to hear your opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

@dolev1591,

honestly, it’s difficult to suggest what to add to your hair loss treatment regime when one milligram of finasteride gives you side effects but .5 mg does not. Has the combination of minoxidil and finasteride that you are currently using at least slow down your existing hair loss or is it still progressing the same?  as you said, you could increase the amount of finasteride you’re taking orally but you might experience side effects.  You could also possibly try adding a topical finasteride without subtracting anything to see if that might help and also not provide you with any side effects.

it’ll be interesting to see what other individuals suggest who may be in a similar predicament.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.