Are hair transplants real .

They’re real. It’s why they are so expensive. I think “hair transplants” in itself sounds gimmicky. The “transplanted” hair is actually just your own hair, transplanted from one part of the head to the other, in the case of an FUE procedure. 

like anything else, you get what you pay for. Expensive surgeons are expensive for a reason. They have proven over time to deliver exceptional results. 

Those billboard ads you see on the highway? Not an example of something of quality. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Jerome said:

Is hair transplantation real or just marketing and gimmicks.

Why do u doubt it..wht is the unreal thing abt it? 😊

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

They are fake. It's a world wide conspiracy to scam you in particular out of your money. Once they extract the follicles, they actually just send them off to aliens seeking to collate human DNA from the most gullible specimens, men stupid enough to believe hair transplants are real. Then they clone humans with extra gullibility genes so they have a population that's easier to control.

Nah, they are real... 

• Haha 2

@Jerome,

For the longest time when I saw infomercials about Bosley and MHR which was probably back before the year 2000 up until maybe 2003, I believed so-called hair restoration surgery was just a marketing gimmick and some thing that didn’t work.

Then, I found this community, read a few patient testimonials and saw some results including Pat’s (Publisher of this community) and I began to believe that it was the real deal.  However, I didn’t learn until later that hair transplant surgery is a process that takes up to 12 to 18 months to fully grow in and see your result.

I remember when I went into surgery for the first time, I had my doubts because that’s when I learned about having to wait to see my results. You see… I didn’t do enough reading before my first procedure to learn about the actual procedure, who did what, how involved the surgeon versus the technicians were during the procedure and how long it actually took for the results to grow in.  You see, I thought you would see the final result a day or two after the actual procedure which simply isn’t the case. There are phases you have to go through and that’s when I thought wow, maybe this is a gimmick after all.

But sure enough (and a special thanks to the members of this community in particular, the ones that were here when I needed support through my first experience) I went through all the phases as I was told and the results did grow in. Growth started between 3 to 5 months for each of my four procedures and fully grow in between 12 to 18 months just as I was told.

Because of my advanced degrees of balding, (I was a full Norwood class 5A borderline 6) I required a great deal of flicker units in order to meet my goals. 9601 grafts later, I have a pretty full looking head of hair and only some nominal looking thinning in the crown.  I will likely be going back to Dr. Rahal for another procedure to add some finishing touches in the near future but overall I am very happy and satisfied with my results and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

I hope this helps 

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.