Oral Minox before HT

Gennox

I have sth in mind in relation of oral minox: I think it really helps for growth and thickness of hair. 

I myself definitely want to start it after my HT in summer. And I am considering starting it now, a few month before surgery. My concerns are, that then, there are Grafts transplantated, which actually were not healthy enough. What do you guys think? 

Because other point is: if you start before, you go to surgery with strong hair and do not experience the shed from the oral minox afterwards. 

What are your opinions?

• Administrators

I would say start meds at least 6 months before surgery. You may get a considerable amount of regrowth, which will significantly reduce the number of grafts and cost. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I’ve been on oral minox for over a year now and love it. Konior told me to stay on it (don’t stop) throughout my next surgery.

It’s great for getting good vascular supply to the scalp and newly implanted follicles. I’d get on it asap before your next procedure if I was you. 

my procedure ist in 4 month. Would you start? I understand what Melvin is saying. I do not want to interfere the process. So question is: Start now? Or start 2-3 weeks after surgery?

Would love to hear your answers

On 2/1/2023 at 6:27 AM, Gennox said:

my procedure ist in 4 month. Would you start? I understand what Melvin is saying. I do not want to interfere the process. So question is: Start now? Or start 2-3 weeks after surgery?

Would love to hear your answers

Start now absolutely. It will only benefit you if you do not experience any side effects.